+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

nkuzibe

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
After getting approved LMIA. Individual can break the refugee status by withdrawing.
get a closed work perMIT and with LMIA Pr
Pls Kabir_Krishna kindly give the procedure on how to apply for PR.
I am expecting my work permit on an LMIA approved job under AIPP (Atlantic immigration pilot program).
I wish to apply for my PR immediately I receive my work permit and wait for the PR approval while I am still working.
How can I go about this?

Thanks in anticipation....

Regards,
Nke.

Last edited:

nkuzibe

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
We started at January, then all my documents were ask. At some months they told me that it was already advertise and my employer told me to wait until they charge them. So thats after a few months my employer inform me that they paid the charges from LMIA and ask me the payment. And just last week i received the medical exam request letter with the IME number and went on.

I hope its not a scam.

This looks like a scam, where you showed the evidence LMIA payment before you reimbursed? A genuine employer will bear the cost of it all and a job seeker. Be hopeful that this comes through for you.

Reactions: scylla

Bulldog90

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hello All,
I would really appreciate it if anyone could answer my question.
does your employer have to show proof of advert while applying for lmia if you're already working for the company for 1 year?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,
I would really appreciate it if anyone could answer my question.
does your employer have to show proof of advert while applying for lmia if you're already working for the company for 1 year?
Yes, they do.