+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

Naveen02

Aug 22, 2019
Service Canada site saying 34 days processing time now for low wage stream LMIA.
I haven't got anything even after 3 months.
is there anyone else under same situation?

Kaur77

May 20, 2020
Hi guys I applied for lmia before March 15 and my employer got email yesterday saying that he need to readvertise for 2 weeks more or until decision is made
I talk to my lawyer he said it’s because of covid impact on employment
Did anybody else got any updation who submitted before March 15
Response will be really appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys I applied for lmia before March 15 and my employer got email yesterday saying that he need to readvertise for 2 weeks more or until decision is made
Yes - this is correct. IRCC has indicated that LMIAs submitted before March 15 may have to be advertised for another two weeks. See here for one example where this rule is listed:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/agricultural/agricultural/recruitment.html

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
what's your NOC code?

Naveen02

Aug 22, 2019
For how many days did you advertise initially?

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
hello,

received an email from ESDC, asking to re-advertise the position for another two weeks, interview was done, everything was done. unfortunately, now ESDC made an announcement re-advertisement of all positions posted before March 15, 2020. Does anybody know, if we need to submit new LMIA application from scratch or we can submit re-advertising outcomes under existing LMIA Number??

would appreciate any responses.

thank you guys, stay safe.

Naveen02

Aug 22, 2019
hello,

received an email from ESDC, asking to re-advertise the position for another two weeks, interview was done, everything was done. unfortunately, now ESDC made an announcement re-advertisement of all positions posted before March 15, 2020. Does anybody know, if we need to submit new LMIA application from scratch or we can submit re-advertising outcomes under existing LMIA Number??

What's your job title?

Neversaynever

May 30, 2020
hello,

That is a good news. Would you please share your timeline? Thank you so much

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You realize they won’t process LMIA for regions with more than 6% unemployment, with exception to a few designated NOC codes. The unemployment rate is currently 13.7% average across the country. The emphasis will be getting jobs for Canadians and PRs first before they look at foreign workers.

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
You realize they won’t process LMIA for regions with more than 6% unemployment, with exception to a few designated NOC codes. The unemployment rate is currently 13.7% average across the country. The emphasis will be getting jobs for Canadians and PRs first before they look at foreign workers.
where does this say on ESDC website, what about NOC code 1242?

Spdhillon1

Sep 30, 2019
Hi Kaur,
Kindly keep us updated when your employer get an interview call. Thank you.