+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
Hello,

if we have an LMIA, and we have got permanent residence under CEC express entry with job offer for 2 years supported by LMIA. Do i have to work for the same employer for two years or i can stop working after i get my permanent residence?

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
So, i wanted LMIA to complete my points, my lawyer drafted job offer and Lmia application. I never had a chat with employer re two year job offer, it just mentioned in LMIA application. So i have to work 2 years , but as far as i am concerned LMIA is valid only for 6 months?

Reactions: Shreye18

Shreye18

Mar 20, 2020
So, i wanted LMIA to complete my points, my lawyer drafted job offer and Lmia application. I never had a chat with employer re two year job offer, it just mentioned in LMIA application. So i have to work 2 years , but as far as i am concerned LMIA is valid only for 6 months?
I admire your honesty. You should consult your lawyer in this regard. He will guide you.

bosco2814

Jan 5, 2020
You are free to work with another employer after getting the PR.

If you are PR, it is same as holding an open work permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
A job offer is not a contract and what is stated in the LMIA app doesn't matter. If you are not breaking a contract with the employer, you are free to quit.

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
does any body know how about processing times for LMIA for permanent resident these days due to covid 19, if any delays?

mh10

Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My workplace applied for my LMIA back in September 2019 and received approval in December 2019.
Recently, end of April I applied for PR under CEC since i had prior job experiences and altogether 2 years work experience ( roughly a year experience with the company i got LMiA). My PR status is still pending but if i want to quit for the current company, do you guyz think it gonna effect my PR process?
fyi i have a closed work permit with the company who provided LMIA.
The reason for my quitting would be, i have some businesses i run.

i tried to contact with my lawyer but they don’t give me straight answers since they are affliated with my employer
TIA