+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

Nikul Patel

Jul 27, 2018
Hello everyone,
I just finished my study and I got my work permit so I thinking to work as Manager in Pizza hurt store in the Northern Ontario so I am confused about LMIA. Can I get it easily? Owner run this store since one month only. He wants to give me to run this store as Manager. Can I do that?. How it's gonna to work..please give me some information.
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello everyone,
I just finished my study and I got my work permit so I thinking to work as Manager in Pizza hurt store in the Northern Ontario so I am confused about LMIA. Can I get it easily? Owner run this store since one month only. He wants to give me to run this store as Manager. Can I do that?. How it's gonna to work..please give me some information.
Thanks
I answered your other thread but with what you have posted here assuming you have a PGWP which is an open work permit you can work anywhere other than in health for which you would need a medical.

An LMIA is a whole different proposition given the employer would need to cough up a 1000 dollar fee, advertise the job to show nobody else were available and show that the business was well established. Given assuming you have a PGWP then an LMIA would only need to come into play if you want to apply for PR although many employers cannot usually be bothered with the process.

As per your other post even if you followed through on the partnership route this would have no influence one way or other on obtaining PR. As suggested in the other answer you would be advised to seek legal advice before going ahead with any partnership arrangement.