+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Work Permit from outside Canada Indian citizen applied from USA .

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020
The processing time is 13 weeks as of now . It was 10 weeks few days back . But still that varies for every application. Hope to get approved soon .
All the best everyone .

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020
May I know if you guys have any idea about medical test . Do we need to submit it ? I am thinking of submitting the medical test results upfront . Has anyone of you received any response regarding that or any other update ?

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Hi, I submitted my closed work permit application from US in August 1st week , with LMIA approved, biometric not required since given during time of visitor visa earlier. Did any one got recently approved?
did you get any update? have you received biometric correspondence letter and medical passed?

can you please share your application timeline?

thank you in advance

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Where did you filed your application from ?US?
I have filed application online, My company attorney is in Canada i am not sure where application goes.

Per my biometric correspondence letter it shows CPC Edmonton address so I assume my file is processing at Edmonton office.

I hope this clarifies.

Thank You

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I have filed application online, My company attorney is in Canada i am not sure where application goes.

Per my biometric correspondence letter it shows CPC Edmonton address so I assume my file is processing at Edmonton office.

I hope this clarifies.

Thank You
All applications are online, however when you apply it does ask which country you are applying from, looking at your timeline it says you completed medical, for all applicants applying from US there is no medical tests requirements, so i am guessing your aplication was filed from India, being processed at Edmonton, the most likely outcome is Application approved and PPR sent to counterfoil

Best of luck

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
All applications are online, however when you apply it does ask which country you are applying from, looking at your timeline it says you completed medical, for all applicants applying from US there is no medical tests requirements, so i am guessing your aplication was filed from India, being processed at Edmonton, the most likely outcome is Application approved and PPR sent to counterfoil

Best of luck
Yes from India, I am not sure about final decision as my portal still shows reviewing eligibility. Can you clarify about ppr sent to counterfoil means?

if so then why portal is not updated with final decision or ppr request?

Thank you in advance

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020

Best of luck
My application time line as follows:

April 2020 filed online WP

Sep 2020 : additional documents and medical requests

Oct 6th : medicals passed updated on portal

Oct 20th Biometrics Completed.

Oct 26th Biometric correspondence letter

Waiting for decision now.

Nish2020

Oct 27, 2020
did you get any update? have you received biometric correspondence letter and medical passed?

can you please share your application timeline?

thank you in advance
Hi,
My apologies for delay in reply.
My timeline as below:
Applied in August first week 2020
I am in US and application was done online by my attorney
No update after that

ajaybhattnagar

Aug 4, 2020
Hello,

I think we both are in the same boat.
I applied for WP in Sept-2020. Also I had my biometrics completed in 2019 for Visitor Visa.
But the rest is same. LMIA closed WP and Essential worker.

Let me know if you hear any updates from them.
Just wanted to update you guys with my progress.
Applied - 09/10/2020
Passport request - 11/09/2020

Biometrics not required as completed for Visitors Visa in 2019.

LMIA closed WP and essential worker.

Reactions: zupermarn

Nish2020

Oct 27, 2020
Applied - 09/10/2020

Hi Ajay,

Congratulations for your work permit got approved. I am still waiting for mine. I applied in First week of August, biometrics given at the time of my visitor visa. Hope to get the good news soon.

Thanks,

zupermarn

May 8, 2019
GTA area
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Applied - 09/10/2020

Congratulations!.

i haven't heard anything back from them