+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA & Work permit Application

speedygear

Nov 25, 2019
Hello everyone!

I just need some advice on how to go forward with my application for LMIA & work permit. I currently live in the Philippines and I have my LMIA currently being processed and all but when looking through the requirements in the Philippines and going through the agencies, it looks like such a hassle. Some of my friends as well has been delayed because of the government agencies in the Philippines. So my questions are :

• After I get my LMIA, is it possible to get the Work permit processed at the Port of entry in Canada? Either via flag polling or traveling. If it is possible to flag pole (as from what I've read so far, Philippines is not one of the country that can flag pole), has anyone tried it before?
  • Is it easier to just travel to Canada, with a visitor visa(as I already have one) and then process it there? Is this even possible?
  • Or travel outside the Philippines(nearby countries) then exit there to travel to Canada? This will eliminate going through the pesky requirements of the country's immigration but is it legal to do this as well?
This is all assuming the LMIA and/or work permit has been approved.

Thank you!

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
Hello everyone!

I just need some advice on how to go forward with my application for LMIA & work permit. I currently live in the Philippines and I have my LMIA currently being processed and all but when looking through the requirements in the Philippines and going through the agencies, it looks like such a hassle. Some of my friends as well has been delayed because of the government agencies in the Philippines. So my questions are :

• After I get my LMIA, is it possible to get the Work permit processed at the Port of entry in Canada? Either via flag polling or traveling. If it is possible to flag pole (as from what I've read so far, Philippines is not one of the country that can flag pole), has anyone tried it before?
  • Is it easier to just travel to Canada, with a visitor visa(as I already have one) and then process it there? Is this even possible?
  • Or travel outside the Philippines(nearby countries) then exit there to travel to Canada? This will eliminate going through the pesky requirements of the country's immigration but is it legal to do this as well?
This is all assuming the LMIA and/or work permit has been approved.

Thank you!
If I were you, I would go for the second option. I have heard many people who come here on visitor visas, get LMIA and get their work permit. It is way easy

Felixity

Jan 29, 2024
What are the document requirements to apply for a closed work permit with an approved LMIA, at the border through flagpoling means?