+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Wage Requirement - by location only or location and NOC?

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
According to esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml, it is by location and NOC:

Step 2:
Use the job title of the available position to conduct a search on Job Bank to determine the median wage for the occupation and work location where the TFW will be employed.

If the median wage is available on Job Bank, proceed to step 3.
If the median wage is listed as “N/A” for the local area (economic region) where the work is located, employers should consult the provincial/territorial level wage. If this wage is not available, employers should consult the national wage.
However according to esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/reform/restrict.shtml, chamber.ca/events/webinar-tfw/TFWP-changes-CCC.pdf and canadavisa.com/labour-market-impact-assessments.html it is according to just location.

This form - servicecanada.gc.ca/eforms/forms/esdc-emp5517(2014-11-019)e.pdf - also includes the by location median wage (page 5). However, this form - found from the first link above, servicecanada.gc.ca/eforms/forms/esdc-emp5593(2014-12-004)e.pdf - does not show that table.

(pardon the URLs not being hyperlinks - the forum does not allow me to post them)

Edit: Reason I'm asking is because I exceed the median wage for location. However, the median wage for my NOC and location is about the pay for people with ~5 years experience (1.5 years here, PGWP LMIA-exempt, intended NOC and unfortunately December CEC application rejected).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
NOC & location.

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
scylla said:
NOC & location.
What about all the other sources though? It all says the classification is only by location median wage. The NOC wage band goes all the way from fresh grads to industry veterans - how does median wage work there to determine if you're being paid fairly?