+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA support

Toma1993

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Hello ,
I am on PGWP been working in a childcare in ontario for a year and half now. My employer wants to help me with my LMIA job offer.

1-How and where to start?

2- Also, can I apply for LMIA if I am on PGWP ?

Any advice /help will be much appreciated!

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Did u get approval ? And how long it took them to process it??

Also how come no fees ? I thought u need to pay $1000 ?
Yup, we got approved (my PR application has been approved as well).

The $1000 fee is for a dual-intent LMIA, meaning if your employer is sponsoring both your work permit and application for PR.

Since you have your own work permit already (PGWP), the LMIA will be just to support your PR application (so that you get 50 points) and that entails no fee.

I believe the standard processing time once you submitted an application is 2 weeks or so but mine took almost 2 months as they had a delay due to a backlog in applications.

Toma1993

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Yup, we got approved (my PR application has been approved as well).

The $1000 fee is for a dual-intent LMIA, meaning if your employer is sponsoring both your work permit and application for PR.

Since you have your own work permit already (PGWP), the LMIA will be just to support your PR application (so that you get 50 points) and that entails no fee.

I believe the standard processing time once you submitted an application is 2 weeks or so but mine took almost 2 months as they had a delay due to a backlog in applications.
Wow. Congratulations happy for u!!!!!
Thats really good news. I didnt knownits free. Can u give me link so i know where to start, so I can study it well and start my application?

Also did you Manger has to post an add ?

Thanks alot! I appreciate your help.

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Wow. Congratulations happy for u!!!!!
Thats really good news. I didnt knownits free. Can u give me link so i know where to start, so I can study it well and start my application?

Also did you Manger has to post an add ?

Thanks alot! I appreciate your help.
Thanks! :) I posted the link above but here it is again:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/permanent.html

Yes, my employer posted an ad and interviewed potential candidates as well.