+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Related Question - Impact on changing province

pradeep_g5

May 4, 2011
Hey Guys,

I have few questions below and was hoping to get help from seniors.

My LMIA got approved by an employer for Alberta and i have another company who is willing to apply for LMIA in Ontario.

Alberta employer is ready to submit the Work permit application, however i dont want to rush the decision as my end goal is to work in Ontario. pls can you suggest on the below thanks.

- Can I start in Alberta in Feb and post ontario LMIA approval (for e.g. in may after 3 months) reapply for work permit for Ontario.

- Do you guys see any negative factors for moving the province that the visa officer will be concerned during my second LMIA/workpermit application ?

- if i move from one province to another on 2 different LMIA's would both the experience (Employer A - Alberta 3 months & Employer B - Ontario 9 months) will be counted towards CEC for PR Application ?

- My employer in ontario may apply for ONIP, do you see any issue in ONIP application if i moved provinces ?

Or should i stay back, wait for Ontario LMIA and apply for work permit in Ontario directly rather than moving provinces ?

suggestions welcome, looking for guidance thanks

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Hi,
Were you able to get an answer? What did you end up doing?
Thanks