+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA - Regulated occupations (Proof that you Meet the Requirements)

Nov 20, 2016
Im almost ready to sent off my work permit application, I have the LMIA/CAQ and all the supporting documents filled out except this last one:

Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification.
Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.

I have done some googling and found this list of regulated occupations: immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/working-quebec/regulated-professions/professional-order.html
I am a web designer / developer and my occupation does not show up on this list.

What document should I upload for this question? I was thinking of just uploading proof of my experience like CV, References etc..

If you have a better understanding of this please let me know, I cant find much on google.

Nov 20, 2016
On the page from my last post, I found this:

Non-regulated occupation:
A profession or trade for which there is no legal requirement or restriction on practice with regard to licences, certificates, or registration.
Voluntary certification, licence, or registration: The province or territory in which voluntary certification, licensing, or registration is available but not required by law..
• No certification, licence, or registration exists

The only ticks where in this side of the columns, so I assume its not regulator like a trade.

hbaotrong

Mar 29, 2019
Hi BritishExpat2016,
I exactly felt into the same situation. Did you figure out what document needs to upload?