+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Query

karooma

May 24, 2009
Dear All,

I'm a medical doctor and have been offered a job in Ontario, my employer informed me that the LMIA takes more than 90 days before they make decision. I have noticed that there is an expedited service ' Global talent Stream' that takes 12 days; As a medical doctor can my employer apply for an LMIA through the Global talent stream as opposed to the ' High wage Stream' which takes more than 90 days

Thanks,

A

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear All,

I'm a medical doctor and have been offered a job in Ontario, my employer informed me that the LMIA takes more than 90 days before they make decision. I have noticed that there is an expedited service ' Global talent Stream' that takes 12 days; As a medical doctor can my employer apply for an LMIA through the Global talent stream as opposed to the ' High wage Stream' which takes more than 90 days

Thanks,

A
FYI - global talent stream isn't 12 days guaranteed. We seem many applications in that stream take several months.

Can't comment on whether it's possible or not.

Javid14

Nov 27, 2019
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi there. Recently I applied for an LMIA application, but it was rejected due to incompletion of my personal information. My employer will apply for me again. But do I need new job advertisements on job bank and other websites or the old ads that I used in my previous LMIA application are sufficient? Is it possible that if I use the old ads the immigration officer might cancel the application stating, “not exerting enough recruitment efforts to hire Canadians”?

Thanks In advance

Javid14

Nov 27, 2019
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
FYI - global talent stream isn't 12 days guaranteed. We seem many applications in that stream take several months.

Can't comment on whether it's possible or not.
Hi there. Recently I applied for an LMIA application, but it was rejected due to incompletion of my personal information. My employer will apply for me again. But do I need new job advertisements on job bank and other websites or the old ads that I used in my previous LMIA application are sufficient? Is it possible that if I use the old ads the immigration officer might cancel the application stating, “not exerting enough recruitment efforts to hire Canadians”?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It depends on how long ago the job was advertised. You'll need to review the LMIA advertising requirements. Also - I believe there's a requirement for your employer to continue advertising the job until the LMIA application is processed.

Javid14

Nov 27, 2019
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
It depends on how long ago the job was advertised. You'll need to review the LMIA advertising requirements. Also - I believe there's a requirement for your employer to continue advertising the job until the LMIA application is processed.
It was 4 months ago. Now I will apply again. I need new updated ads I guess?! Thanks for the answer

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It was 4 months ago. Now I will apply again. I need new updated ads I guess?! Thanks for the answer
Yes - needs to be redone.

Reactions: Javid14
Mar 6, 2021
Hello Kindly help me !
My application for LMIA is given back to employer due to some mistake but they didn't reject the application. Can we use this application again? After correcting the query and how much time it takes to process after resubmission. As the one of the advertisement on job Bank is available till April, 2021

Mar 13, 2021
Hello Kindly Please help me!

Recently I got My LMIA through a agent in India. How do I check if the LMIA number which website if it is authentic.
Please advise.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Kindly Please help me!

Recently I got My LMIA through a agent in India. How do I check if the LMIA number which website if it is authentic.
Please advise.
If you are asking it is most likely fake. If the job offers anything free - accommodation, airfare, food - it is fake. Have you paid this agent any money.