+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Process

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I do. I'm looking for guidance on the LMIA process so I can apply for an Open Work Permit.
So has your employer applied for a LMIA, the employer has to start the process. Once you have a LMIA, you can apply for a closed work permit. You are not eligible for a closed work permit.

dpinsent

Oct 24, 2016
Qatar
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2021
Nomination.....
12 Jul 2021
AOR Received.
29 Aug 2021
So has your employer applied for a LMIA, the employer has to start the process. Once you have a LMIA, you can apply for a closed work permit. You are not eligible for a closed work permit.
No the employer has not applied for a LMIA, I will need to work out how this is done. What does one need to apply for an open work permit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No the employer has not applied for a LMIA, I will need to work out how this is done. What does one need to apply for an open work permit?
Again you are not eligible for an open work permit, only closed. Your employer has to begin the application process (takes months and costs $1000 to apply) and provide a market assessment and show that they have advertised for the job and that no Canadian could be hired. They need to show how hiring you will lead them to expand their business and hire more Canadians/PRs. You can’t apply for a closed permit until the LMIA has been approved so talk to your employer.

Reactions: dpinsent

dpinsent

Oct 24, 2016
Qatar
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2021
Nomination.....
12 Jul 2021
AOR Received.
29 Aug 2021
Again you are not eligible for an open work permit, only closed. Your employer has to begin the application process (takes months and costs $1000 to apply) and provide a market assessment and show that they have advertised for the job and that no Canadian could be hired. They need to show how hiring you will lead them to expand their business and hire more Canadians/PRs. You can’t apply for a closed permit until the LMIA has been approved so talk to your employer.
Okay. Thank you very much.