+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA procedure

dacris

May 27, 2015
Hi,

My company applied for the LMIA on 1st of June.

What are the next steps once the LMIA is approved?
Could I go to the any port of entry and get my WP or do I need to start a new application to get new work permit?

In case of starting a new application to get the new permit, what is the processing time?
I didn't find the processing time of work permit within Canada.

Thank you

Nehal Gor

Jul 21, 2017
Hello All,

Can You please help me i am working in Canada for two years on PGWP with same company now i have only one year work permit left that is going to be expire in next August as i am married my CRS score is 435 now my question is that i want to get job offer letter from my employer and they are ready to give that but don't want to follow LMIA lengthy procedure i am not in close work permit with that employer for job offer letter is it compulsory to have positive LMIA? if yes then what documents require from employer?

Pls help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

Can You please help me i am working in Canada for two years on PGWP with same company now i have only one year work permit left that is going to be expire in next August as i am married my CRS score is 435 now my question is that i want to get job offer letter from my employer and they are ready to give that but don't want to follow LMIA lengthy procedure i am not in close work permit with that employer for job offer letter is it compulsory to have positive LMIA? if yes then what documents require from employer?

Pls help
Yes - an LMIA is required in order for you to extend your work permit. Details in the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html