+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Ontario

Oct 21, 2018
Hi I am looking for a LMIA level '0' as a restaurant manager and I found a restaurant in Toronto. Who is ready to issue one.
But my question is I don't have a experience in that field. I have a experience as a maintenance engineer over 3+ years in my home country. At the same time I have a one year PG diploma in supply chain management from a Canada.
Does this is going to work out for me after spending hefty amount on it.
I really need a help.
Thank you

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Hi I am looking for a LMIA level '0' as a restaurant manager and I found a restaurant in Toronto. Who is ready to issue one.
But my question is I don't have a experience in that field. I have a experience as a maintenance engineer over 3+ years in my home country. At the same time I have a one year PG diploma in supply chain management from a Canada.
Does this is going to work out for me after spending hefty amount on it.
I really need a help.
Thank you
Lets just consider that they'd issue you the LMIA; however, it'd be difficult to convince the authorities that you are the correct person for this job since you do not have experience in the same field. I'd suggest you to apply through EE and choose your NOC code as per your experience and hopefully it should work out.

If you're inside Canada ,I'd suggest you to go through CEC class and it should help you secure PR.

Oct 21, 2018
Presently I am in my home country, If I wait and get a one year experience as a restaurant manager does it gonna work.
As I am seriously looking to migrate to Canada and my CRS score is too low.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So you found a restaurant willing to pay 1000 dollars for an LMIA, advertise the job for 3-4 months looking for someone with restaurant experience and management experience neither of which you have experience of. I would say your chances of success are pretty low, even more so if you are not in Canada . Do you even have a PGWP at present ?

Assume by your comment that you paid a hefty amount you are referring to your PG diploma and not some amount you have paid the restaurant or someone else for the LMIA

Reactions: KamalakarCanada1

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Presently I am in my home country, If I wait and get a one year experience as a restaurant manager does it gonna work.
As I am seriously looking to migrate to Canada and my CRS score is too low.
I am afraid you can get the maximum score for IELTS, that is one sure shot way of correcting your CRS scores meanwhile you can get some work experience as per your education. If you're an engineer and working in a restaurant, it'd still be difficult for them to assess. As the previous comment says, your chances of success is quite low, and you'd be disappointed. Rather, make things favorable first and then proceed, do not rush into the process.

Reactions: KamalakarCanada1
Oct 21, 2018
I am afraid you can get the maximum score for IELTS, that is one sure shot way of correcting your CRS scores meanwhile you can get some work experience as per your education. If you're an engineer and working in a restaurant, it'd still be difficult for them to assess. As the previous comment says, your chances of success is quite low, and you'd be disappointed. Rather, make things favorable first and then proceed, do not rush into the process.
Thank you for your kind information.
And the only thing which is left in my hands without loosing money is English Proficiency exam right?
But for me it's been the biggest task cause I have took this exam for 5 times ( ^ , ^) .

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Thank you for your kind information.
And the only thing which is left in my hands without loosing money is English Proficiency exam right?
But for me it's been the biggest task cause I have took this exam for 5 times ( ^ , ^) .
What is the average score that you have gotten so far?

Oct 21, 2018
You have to bump your score to 8 in listening and 7 in reading and you're good to go. Just prepare yourself better.

Remember, it only has to work once. !
I am really thankful for your kind information and you are really boosting me up.
And I hope myself, to done with this.