+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Online portal system outage - delaying confirmation letter.

Sep 19, 2021
Hi everyone!

My company is sponsoring my work permit through the LMIA - GTS process. They currently are in the first stage where the LMIA application is officially requested and the confirmation letter is awaited.

However, it's been 40+ days since the immigration agent interview, and no confirmation letter was issued. The agent told our consultant immigration office that the LMIA system is experiencing technical issues, therefore, no application in entire Canada is being processed. And it's of course delaying my WP application..

Perhaps any of you know what's going on and if there's an estimation of when the service will be established?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone!

My company is sponsoring my work permit through the LMIA - GTS process. They currently are in the first stage where the LMIA application is officially requested and the confirmation letter is awaited.

However, it's been 40+ days since the immigration agent interview, and no confirmation letter was issued. The agent told our consultant immigration office that the LMIA system is experiencing technical issues, therefore, no application in entire Canada is being processed. And it's of course delaying my WP application..

Perhaps any of you know what's going on and if there's an estimation of when the service will be established?
What the agent told you isn't true.

I would be concerned you are being scammed. Otherwise, why would the agent make up a lie like this?

There is no system issue. Work permits are being processed and approved.

Reactions: Naturgrl
Sep 19, 2021
What the agent told you isn't true.

I would be concerned you are being scammed. Otherwise, why would the agent make up a lie like this?

There is no system issue. Work permits are being processed and approved.
The problem isn't with the work permit but LMIA, which is 1 step before the WP application. LMIA is given to the company and has nothing to do with me, however, while my company doesn't receive the LMIA confirmation letter I won't be invited to apply for the work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The problem isn't with the work permit but LMIA, which is 1 step before the WP application. LMIA is given to the company and has nothing to do with me, however, while my company doesn't receive the LMIA confirmation letter I won't be invited to apply for the work permit.
So your company has applied for the LMIA. LMIA can take months to process and still are being processed.

Sep 19, 2021
So your company has applied for the LMIA. LMIA can take months to process and still are being processed.
Hi Naturgrl, thanks for your reply.
Sorry, but your information is not accurate. The LMIA Online portal is offline since middle July and no Online Applications have been processed since then. Here if you click on the LMIA Online link you will see that the link is now redirecting to the job bank site - previously it was showing this warning at the top of the page:
Important
The LMIA Online Portal is currently experiencing technical issues. We are currently working to have these resolved as soon as possible and therefore advise submitting your application through these alternative methods based on your applicable processing center: Processing Centres - Canada.ca

Should you have general inquiries or questions related to the status of your application, please contact the Employer Contact Centre at 1-800-367-5693.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
I have no doubt it is offline, many reliable sources confirmed it is. I'm asking if anyone here in this forum has more information about when it will be up again or what may have caused the outage.

Thanks!

Believer16m

Star Member
Sep 22, 2021
Hi Naturgrl, thanks for your reply.
Sorry, but your information is not accurate. The LMIA Online portal is offline since middle July and no Online Applications have been processed since then. Here if you click on the LMIA Online link you will see that the link is now redirecting to the job bank site - previously it was showing this warning at the top of the page:

I have no doubt it is offline, many reliable sources confirmed it is. I'm asking if anyone here in this forum has more information about when it will be up again or what may have caused the outage.

Thanks!
Hi @marcos.ribeiro

I am also in the same boat. The problem is that there is no timeline either for the resolution of the issue or the lmia application processing.
Anybody else here whose LMIA applied in or after August ?

Thanks.

Sing Ng

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi @marcos.ribeiro

I am also in the same boat. The problem is that there is no timeline either for the resolution of the issue or the lmia application processing.
Anybody else here whose LMIA applied in or after August ?

Thanks.
Hi,which stream you applied in and when did you submit the application?

and how about you ?@marcos.ribeiro