+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA - Need Help

Nov 29, 2014
Hi All,

I have applied for TFW program from one of the reputed agent in India. My agent provided job offer in a week at Kanata, Ottawa for NOC 2281 and after a week he asked to come to the office to sign LMIA and ESDC with no payment made up until now. He provided LMIA confirmation letter with 4 to 6 pages with all detail wherein last page I need to sign and same with ESDC (2 to 3 pages) letter.

My concern is:
1. Do I need to signed any LMIA letter (4 to 6 pages) as confirmation before submitting file to the embassy.
2. Do I need to signed any ESDC letter before submitting file to the embassy.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

The LMIA application needs to be signed by your employer - not you.

Sounds like a scam.

DeepDee

Nov 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

The LMIA application needs to be signed by your employer - not you.

Sounds like a scam.
Hello Scylla

ESDC webpage says the opposite to what you are saying, please say if am not reading it in the context it's actually written:

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/foreign_workers/hire/median_wage/low/after.page

"Positive LMIA
The employer will receive a letter confirming the approval of the LMIA application. This positive LMIA is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. For privacy reasons, the letter will not include the names of the TFWs. However, it provides specific details about the job offer, such as the wages, working conditions and occupations as well as a system file number. The names of the workers will appear in Annex B which is intended for the employer's records only, and is NOT to be shared with the TFW as it is not required for the purposes of applying for a work permit.
Once the positive LMIA letter is received, it is the employer's responsibility to:
send a copy of this letter to the TFW;
ask the TFW to apply to IRCC for a work permit. The TFW must include with the work permit application a copy of the positive LMIA letter signed by both the employer and the worker."

Many Thanks