+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia job offer

Jsbjsb

Jan 19, 2019
Hi there
I am on pgwp (open work permit) and working for an employer from past 1 year on noc b.if he offers me the lmia job offer in the same noc just to support permanent residency then
1, Do i have to work for him for 1 year because the job offer is for one year or can i leave him after getting pr ???
2 ,When i will create my express entry profile ,do i need to upload douments for all the work that i did in canada or just the work for which i am claiming points???
3, If i have to upload docs for the work for which i do not claim points ,what will those be???
I am really in confusion ... appreciate your help

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1. No, he can't force you to work. You can leave, though of course you will be burning bridges with an employer who tried to help you. In addition, if IRCC feels that he was faking the need for an LMIA, he may be blacklisted from future applications.
2. Just the work you're claiming points for. All other work goes into personal history.

Jsbjsb

Jan 19, 2019
1. No, he can't force you to work. You can leave, though of course you will be burning bridges with an employer who tried to help you. In addition, if IRCC feels that he was faking the need for an LMIA, he may be blacklisted from future applications.
2. Just the work you're claiming points for. All other work goes into personal history.
Thank you very much

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Also, it is misrepresentation is he's offering you an LMIA just so you get your PR and neither you nor he have any intention of making this a real job.

If IRCC feels that you lied about the job, you can get in trouble even years down the line. If you quit the same day or week you get the PR, that's a red flag.

Jsbjsb

Jan 19, 2019
No i am not leaving but if i got better opportunity after pr which i dont have right now ,then i may think about leaving .because you know there are lots of jobs which requires qualification as permanent residency.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No i am not leaving but if i got better opportunity after pr which i dont have right now ,then i may think about leaving .because you know there are lots of jobs which requires qualification as permanent residency.
A genuine change of job isn't an issue. You just want to make sure you don't look like someone who got an LMIA just to get PR (when there was no actual need for a TFW), and then quit the job the minute you got the PR.