LMIA interview

Kshah2302

May 5, 2019
Timeline:

Application on 23rd December 2018
Fee deduction on 10th January 2019
After waiting for 4 months finally they called yesterday
Ontario province

Finally I just got call from my employer they called him and interview was for around 40-45 min they keep asking about “why international worker and not Canadian” as per him everything is good at the end they said they will mail my employer for documents regarding my work permit.

I have one question actually my work permit expired in March end and I applied for work permit extension so basically I am working on applied status do you think it will effect my final result?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Timeline:

Application on 23rd December 2018
Fee deduction on 10th January 2019
After waiting for 4 months finally they called yesterday
Ontario province

Finally I just got call from my employer they called him and interview was for around 40-45 min they keep asking about “why international worker and not Canadian” as per him everything is good at the end they said they will mail my employer for documents regarding my work permit.

I have one question actually my work permit expired in March end and I applied for work permit extension so basically I am working on applied status do you think it will effect my final result?
No, implied status will not change the final result. If they were satisfied with the interview and have approved the LMIA, you should be fine.

You did apply for the extension before the previous permit expired, right?

Kshah2302

May 5, 2019
No, implied status will not change the final result. If they were satisfied with the interview and have approved the LMIA, you should be fine.

You did apply for the extension before the previous permit expired, right?
Yes I did before