+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA IN SUPPORT OF PR APPLICATION OF PGWP HOLDER/ HOW TO FILL IMM 5593

JessyJ

Aug 4, 2020
Hi all,

I am a PGWP holder and been working for an employer-based in Ontario for the last two years as a CNC machinist ( NOC 7231), as I am not able to meet the required CRS so my employer is ready to get me an LMIA in order to make my chances better(having extra 50 points to my CRS) based on the positive LMIA.
I am here to get advice on how to fill IMM 5593 (especially section 4 < LABOUR MARKET IMPACTS> of the form ) as we are doing an application ourselves.
here are the questions that are being asked in the form
1. Will hiring a TFW(temporary foreign worker ) result in direct job creation or job retention of Canadian PR/citizens? - Yes/no - if yes provide details
2.will hiring a TFW result in the development or transfer of skills and knowledge for the benefits of PR/citizens? - yes/no -if yes provide details
3.will hiring a tfw fill a labour shortage? yes/no --if yes provide details

Please reply if somebody has the experience and any input will be appreciated.
Thanks and regards.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The purpose is for the employer to show they haven’t been able to hir Canadians/PRs so your employer will know the answers. Answers are different for each business.
1./2Your employer needs to outline how hiring you benefits the business (economic growth, profits, hiring more people/ Canadians or PRs).
3. Assume yes because your employer will have the evidence that they have posted the job and no Canadian/PR have responded or are experienced enough.

samderlust

Apr 21, 2020
Hi all,

I am a PGWP holder and been working for an employer-based in Ontario for the last two years as a CNC machinist ( NOC 7231), as I am not able to meet the required CRS so my employer is ready to get me an LMIA in order to make my chances better(having extra 50 points to my CRS) based on the positive LMIA.
I am here to get advice on how to fill IMM 5593 (especially section 4 < LABOUR MARKET IMPACTS> of the form ) as we are doing an application ourselves.
here are the questions that are being asked in the form
1. Will hiring a TFW(temporary foreign worker ) result in direct job creation or job retention of Canadian PR/citizens? - Yes/no - if yes provide details
2.will hiring a TFW result in the development or transfer of skills and knowledge for the benefits of PR/citizens? - yes/no -if yes provide details
3.will hiring a tfw fill a labour shortage? yes/no --if yes provide details

Please reply if somebody has the experience and any input will be appreciated.
Thanks and regards.
Hi JessyJ,
Did you got approval for your LMIA?