+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA GOT REFUSED... NEED SOME HELP PLEASE...

Ambervy

Sep 25, 2013
:( :( :( :( :(

My boss got a phone call right before he got off from work...
The phone call lasted around half an hour. My job title is financial assistance officer. The agent was kind of rude. He kept talking that there are plenty of local candidates that will fit and wouldn't let my boss say and explain our situation...Anyway he will object our application. Wonder what we should do now...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Typically there are a lot of people that can fill financial services roles and it's difficult to get an LMIA approved - especially if you are in or close to a large city. (Where is this role located?)

There is really nothing you can do. If the decision is negative, I suppose your employer can certainly try reapplying with stronger evidence of why he wasn't able to find a local candidate.

If by any chance this role is located in Toronto or the GTA - it's probably a lost cause...

kiketex

Jul 17, 2012
Sorry for that, I got my LMO refused 2 years ago, how much time since they applied and got the response

Ambervy

Sep 25, 2013
scylla said:
Typically there are a lot of people that can fill financial services roles and it's difficult to get an LMIA approved - especially if you are in or close to a large city. (Where is this role located?)

There is really nothing you can do. If the decision is negative, I suppose your employer can certainly try reapplying with stronger evidence of why he wasn't able to find a local candidate.

If by any chance this role is located in Toronto or the GTA - it's probably a lost cause...

I live in Calgary... That's why the guy on the phone keeps saying that it's not hard to find a Canadian to fit the position....
Some of my friends can get a LMIA as a fast food restaurant manager or supervisor. I don't know why they refuse our application...

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Ambervy

Today new figures showed that Calgary's unemployment rate jumped to 6.6% from 5.9% last month so it is not surprising LMIA's are suddenly getting harder if not impossible to get. Sorry

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/jobs/regional-shakeup-calgarys-jobless-rate-is-higher-than-london-onts/article25872764/

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ambervy said:
sign.... What should I do now? Can my employer re-apply for the same position?
Sure - your employer can certainly reapply for the same position. They should ensure they provide stronger evidence this time around that they were unable to fill the role with a qualified Canadian. They should also complete another round of advertising before they reapply.

Ambervy

Sep 25, 2013
scylla said:
Sure - your employer can certainly reapply for the same position. They should ensure they provide stronger evidence this time around that they were unable to fill the role with a qualified Canadian. They should also complete another round of advertising before they reapply.
I just heart a theory from a third party agent that same position for same company can only apply once..... It worries me a lot. Is that true?

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Ambervy Previously did your employer genuinely try and hire a Canadian to do your job? It can be quite obvious sometimes that someone hasn't really tried to hire a Canadian and is just going through the motions leading to an LMIA refusal. It always much easier to get an LMIA if the employer has tried every avenue (more than the minimum) to get a Canadian and has been unable.

Ambervy

Sep 25, 2013
paw339 said:
Ambervy Previously did your employer genuinely try and hire a Canadian to do your job? It can be quite obvious sometimes that someone hasn't really tried to hire a Canadian and is just going through the motions leading to an LMIA refusal. It always much easier to get an LMIA if the employer has tried every avenue (more than the minimum) to get a Canadian and has been unable.
My boss did... he did more than minimum on advertising. But it didn't impress the agent on the phone when he got the interview. The agent refused to hear and consider individual situation and kept telling that ' we have our data and it shows that they are plenty of local candidates that can fill this position so you dont need a FW' But the truth is he literally didn't find one. But the agent didn't believe it and insisted on his theory :(

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Ambervy Is your employer willing to apply again? Perhaps if they readvertise offering above average salary, flexible schedule etc and he still can't get anyone then an LMIA might be successful next time. However unfortunately from what I know from the Calgary job market I can understand where the agent is coming from as there appears to be plenty of Canadians available for financial services roles.

Do you have any skills in another area where getting an LMIA might be easier? Can you apply for permanent immigration?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paw339 said:
I second this.

How many applications were received in response to the job ads? How many candidates were interviewed? Why/how did they not meet the requirements and you do? Does the job pay median or above wage for this post?

I'm not asking you to reply to those questions here; just suggestions for you & your employer to think about...