+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA from inside canada

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
Maybe post NOC. Good luck.
I'm truly desperate to find out if any of my noc code employees received a positive or neutral LMIA, but no one responded to my post. Have you ever seen any developer get a positive LMIA?

I'm starting to think that my LMIA might not come through, as there were only 2 STEM draws last year – shows how less Canada needs programmers. Sigh!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm truly desperate to find out if any of my noc code employees received a positive or neutral LMIA, but no one responded to my post. Have you ever seen any developer get a positive LMIA?

I'm starting to think that my LMIA might not come through, as there were only 2 STEM draws last year – shows how less Canada needs programmers. Sigh!
Is this a PR supported LMIA? What is your status in Canada? If in Canada, when does permit expire? What is current CRS score?

Roschekyrie

Apr 23, 2019
I hope someone can give me some insight regarding my work permit, my work permit is valid till 2025. My employer move to another province and they bring me together with them, they applied for work permit for the new location, after that, i recieved an interim work permit and this allowed me to work at the new location right away. After 3 months, the work permit got refused. My consultant is saying that im still allowed to work because i still have a valid work permit, but that work permit is from the previous location. My question is, can i really continue working in this new location?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I hope someone can give me some insight regarding my work permit, my work permit is valid till 2025. My employer move to another province and they bring me together with them, they applied for work permit for the new location, after that, i recieved an interim work permit and this allowed me to work at the new location right away. After 3 months, the work permit got refused. My consultant is saying that im still allowed to work because i still have a valid work permit, but that work permit is from the previous location. My question is, can i really continue working in this new location?
No you can’t. The new work permit overruled the old one. The old work permit was for the old location. There is a location specified on the WP for a reason.

sn2483

Dec 16, 2023
My occupation's NOC code is 21234: Web developers and programmers – applied for LMIA on October 3rd, 2023.

January 31st will mark 79 business days (approx.), and yet, my employer is seeing "Queued for Assessment". I would really like to know if there's anyone from STEM, who's gotten a PR Support LMIA approval in the recent times.

At this pace, LMIA feels like a impossible dream.
Did you get your LMIA? Any update please.