+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Fraud

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hello All,

One of the consultancy said our profiles suits a great match for job requirement in canada hence we agreed and paid for LMIA, it took quite lot of time but to our shock we recieved email from IRCC that they need explanation with the proof that why we have misrepresented the information and invalid LMIA within 15 days, otherwise 5 years ban will be imposed.

Literally feeling confused on next course of action. For sure i am going to file a formal police compliant on the consultant but mean while I need your advices on what kinds of explanation to be sent to IRCC so that ban would not be imposed.

Greatly appreciate your responses at the earliest as i have to submit all the details within 15 days.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

One of the consultancy said our profiles suits a great match for job requirement in canada hence we agreed and paid for LMIA, it took quite lot of time but to our shock we recieved email from IRCC that they need explanation with the proof that why we have misrepresented the information and invalid LMIA within 15 days, otherwise 5 years ban will be imposed.

Literally feeling confused on next course of action. For sure i am going to file a formal police compliant on the consultant but mean while I need your advices on what kinds of explanation to be sent to IRCC so that ban would not be imposed.

Greatly appreciate your responses at the earliest as i have to submit all the details within 15 days.
Red flag number one was you don’t pay for a LMIA. Your employer applies for a LMIA to prove no Canadian could be hired. You then apply for a closed work permit if your LMIA was real.

If you don’t want a 5 year ban then you really need a Canadian immigration lawyer to,help,you if you are not comfortable with filing. You can’t say it was the agent‘s fault because you signed the documents and it states with signing that all information is factual. You need to say that you didn’t know it was a fake LMIA.

Is the agent an IRCC registered agent? Is the consultant in Canada?

Last edited:

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Consultant is not from Canada, he is from INDIA. I am not sure if he is IRCC registered agent or not. Can you let me know approximately how much does it cost for a canadian immigration lawyer?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello All,

What misinformation did you gave (as per IRCC) try to frame letter of explanation for it.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello All,

Adding you were also complicit in the whole debacle by paying for the LMIA .

If you hadn’t been caught, then what ?
You’d have obtained a LMIA fraudulently, and perpetuated to others it’s possible.
Hopefully others will learn from this

FrustratedPRApplicant

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Hi @Copingwithlife @Naturgrl
What about situations where an individual pays the employer a certain amount for an LMIA? Wouldn’t that be fraud? I’ve been hearing that this has been happening alot more recently. How is the employer able to prove that no canadian can be hired?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @Copingwithlife @Naturgrl
What about situations where an individual pays the employer a certain amount for an LMIA? Wouldn’t that be fraud? I’ve been hearing that this has been happening alot more recently. How is the employer able to prove that no canadian can be hired?
It is illegal for employer to ask for money for a LMIA? If so, employer should be reported to RCMP. The employer still could have shown that the job was posted to job sites.