+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA for PGWP holder

Nick1987

Mar 17, 2016
Hello All,

Do I have to do high wage jobs (eg. 35$/hour) in order to be eligible to apply for LMIA? Now the unemployment rate is 7.3%, and everybody just want to do whatever they can find. Is the immigration officer going to view my salary for the LMIA application?
I know that with the LMIA, I can for sure get the invitation from the CIC for express entry. But now I believe even though I do something with a 40$/hour salary, and they might refuse me due to the high unemployment rate. And I'm a new graduate student. I found that finding this kind of job is so difficult. Could I do some low wage job in order to get LMIA and get 600 additional points?

I do like to do something which I could practice my skills learned in university, and I really find these jobs are so competitive.

Many Thanks

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
I don't think you're salary has any impact on an LMIA application (seniors, please correct me if I'm wrong). Your employer needs to submit an LMIA application with the relevant supporting documentation then Service Canada make a decision on whether they give you the LMIA or not. They can apply for a PR specific LMIA which does not carry a fee and is valid for 6 months. As long as you submit your full PR application before the expiry date then it's fine. Check out the immigration website for the details.

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
Scottygirl said:
I don't think you're salary has any impact on an LMIA application (seniors, please correct me if I'm wrong). Your employer needs to submit an LMIA application with the relevant supporting documentation then Service Canada make a decision on whether they give you the LMIA or not. They can apply for a PR specific LMIA which does not carry a fee and is valid for 6 months. As long as you submit your full PR application before the expiry date then it's fine. Check out the immigration website for the details.
The salary part is inaccurate.

The wage is one of the most important and crucial aspects for a positive LMIA.
It has to be at or above the median/average rate for the specific occupation and region. (Based on Jobbank.ca information)

There are many other factors as well, you'll find the details here: http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/foreign_workers/hire/permanent/overview.page?

P.S The link is specific to the process of LMIA to support a PR application.

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
Did you click on the above link I posted?
Did you read the tab about the wage requirements?
Did you download the application to see what information regarding the wage is being asked?

My guess would be "No", hence your question..

The answer to your question, and probably many more that might follow, is there.