+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA for open work permit applicant

A_Waris

Oct 24, 2023
I am currently working for an employer in Ontario, from March 2023 on an open work permit. Can my employer apply for an LMIA for myself to support my application for PR? My current pay is above than low wage but less than median wage?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently working for an employer in Ontario, from March 2023 on an open work permit. Can my employer apply for an LMIA for myself to support my application for PR? My current pay is above than low wage but less than median wage?
They can if eligible. Will it be approved - will not know until response. When does your permit expire?

beckijoe

Jan 25, 2024
im in a similar situation. My wage is above than low but less than median. What are the option for the employer. He is ready to even give me a letter stating he will offer me the median wage. Will this suffice?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
im in a similar situation. My wage is above than low but less than median. What are the option for the employer. He is ready to even give me a letter stating he will offer me the median wage. Will this suffice?
So your employer has read the LMIA requirements for the job offer, and is submitting the LMIA. Since he is applying for the LMIA, EDSC may ask for proof that you are now being paid the median wage. So assume if he is giving you the letter then he has increased your salary.

Reactions: canuck78

beckijoe

Jan 25, 2024
So your employer has read the LMIA requirements for the job offer, and is submitting the LMIA. Since he is applying for the LMIA, EDSC may ask for proof that you are now being paid the median wage. So assume if he is giving you the letter then he has increased your salary.
Thank u for your response.

Employer said he can give the letter stating in future he will do it. Im not sure if i can proceed with this. Many agents claim that even if the current wage is less still we can apply showing more in the advertising that it meets the median wage. I m not sure how true us that?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank u for your response.

Employer said he can give the letter stating in future he will do it. Im not sure if i can proceed with this. Many agents claim that even if the current wage is less still we can apply showing more in the advertising that it meets the median wage. I m not sure how true us that?
So whatever the wage is posted on job sites recruiting for your jobs will the be in the job offer letter. The employer will prove that no one applied with your experience, education, language skills. Your employer will start paying you that wage with your approved LMIA. The employer has to sign off that the new wage will be implemented, so may have to show through payroll that that is that NOC’s salary. How much difference are we talking about?

beckijoe

Jan 25, 2024
Okay i will read that. But my query is can i proceed now as my current wage is less? But in future my employer will increase once lmia is approved.

A_Waris

Oct 24, 2023
Another question, if I get a job offer from an employer who is based in ON, but has a branch location in SK to work in SK. Does that improve my chances to get PR in SK? Noting that the offer will be from the main employer office registered in ON.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Another question, if I get a job offer from an employer who is based in ON, but has a branch location in SK to work in SK. Does that improve my chances to get PR in SK? Noting that the offer will be from the main employer office registered in ON.
No.