+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA For Licensed Electrician on Study Permit

aashirkhan

Feb 5, 2024
Hi Everyone! So I came to canada last August on a study permit, and after coming here, since I had more than 5 years of electrical experience from back home, I was able to get a job as a Journeyman Electrician. I now want to try to get my PR, as my employer runs a big electrical company in ontario, and he is onboard with helping me. My question is, will I get in any trouble for applying for my PR, even though I have just been here for 9 months on a study permit. If not, what steps do I need to take next to move forward. Any help would be much appreciated!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone! So I came to canada last August on a study permit, and after coming here, since I had more than 5 years of electrical experience from back home, I was able to get a job as a Journeyman Electrician. I now want to try to get my PR, as my employer runs a big electrical company in ontario, and he is onboard with helping me. My question is, will I get in any trouble for applying for my PR, even though I have just been here for 9 months on a study permit. If not, what steps do I need to take next to move forward. Any help would be much appreciated!
Have you been attending school full-time?