+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA expiring soon

UKConfused

Jul 8, 2021
I'm new to this forum so apologies in advance.
I am currently working on an PGWP which is due to expire in July 2023.
I have an LMIA from my current company which is due to expire on January 9 2022 and it is to help support my PR application.
I received an ITA in July (CEC route) and documents were all submitted on time on September 20 2021.
The company I am currently working for has not had as much work and is quiet at the moment, so I am working here for three days and work elsewhere for the other two, so in total I am doing over 40 hours a week in combined jobs.
The new company wants me to work full-time for them in the new year and are offering me better rates of pay, benefits etc. The opportunity is way better.
Does anyone know how this would affect my application, as I know I got 50 points for job offer? Due to the expiry date in January , could I work full time elsewhere?
If you have experience in this, your help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm new to this forum so apologies in advance.
I am currently working on an PGWP which is due to expire in July 2023.
I have an LMIA from my current company which is due to expire on January 9 2022 and it is to help support my PR application.
I received an ITA in July (CEC route) and documents were all submitted on time on September 20 2021.
The company I am currently working for has not had as much work and is quiet at the moment, so I am working here for three days and work elsewhere for the other two, so in total I am doing over 40 hours a week in combined jobs.
The new company wants me to work full-time for them in the new year and are offering me better rates of pay, benefits etc. The opportunity is way better.
Does anyone know how this would affect my application, as I know I got 50 points for job offer? Due to the expiry date in January , could I work full time elsewhere?
If you have experience in this, your help would be appreciated.
Thank you
If you leave that job you’ll need to get a new LMIA or not use the 50 points. It will be very clear that it is not a genuine job offer if you have left the company. IRCC could also doublecheck with your employer and they would need to indicate that they no longer have the need for a full-time employee. If you are already working part-time the job offer for a full-time job LMIA would also be in question.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If you leave that job you’ll need to get a new LMIA or not use the 50 points. It will be very clear that it is not a genuine job offer if you have left the company. IRCC could also doublecheck with your employer and they would need to indicate that they no longer have the need for a full-time employee. If you are already working part-time the job offer for a full-time job LMIA would also be in question.
don't the points lock after the aor?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
so if the processing takes an year, he will still needs to be working for the same employer?
In this case he would have left the job and so it is highly unlikely they would return to the job. The full-time job also doesn’t seem to exist anymore.

UKConfused

Jul 8, 2021
Just to clarify I am doing 30 hours a week at this job (the one that issued a LMIA). The work has only decreased in the past few weeks after all the new Restructions put in place. So the job is still available but unfortunately the work is not as busy, so the offer is and was a genuine one, but financially I cannot afford to take a loss in wages, which is why I have a second job