+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Exempted ICT WorkPermit with job offer however it doesn't clearly satisfy the condition

GS23

Aug 19, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I recently submitted my documents under CEC stream with points 492(draw was 445). This score includes my job offer(50 points) till end of year 2022 however it doesn't clearly state that i will continue to work for same employer for at least one year(though its valid for next 2 years from now).
I am working for same employer in canada and will complete 2 years in November. While creating the profile i was only 1.5 years old working here.

Iam in a dilemma on the outcome as I have seen posts with PR refusal due to similar criteria(job offer doesnot state that i will contonie to work for 1 year after getting PR) however few of my friends got PR approval on the same basis.
Appreciate if someone can throw some light on it and avoid any unforeseen issues.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,
I recently submitted my documents under CEC stream with points 492(draw was 445). This score includes my job offer(50 points) till end of year 2022 however it doesn't clearly state that i will continue to work for same employer for at least one year(though its valid for next 2 years from now).
I am working for same employer in canada and will complete 2 years in November. While creating the profile i was only 1.5 years old working here.

Iam in a dilemma on the outcome as I have seen posts with PR refusal due to similar criteria(job offer doesnot state that i will contonie to work for 1 year after getting PR) however few of my friends got PR approval on the same basis.
Appreciate if someone can throw some light on it and avoid any unforeseen issues.
You need a letter from your employer that specifically states they will continue to employer you for at least one year after you become a PR. If you cannot obtain this letter from your employer, then you technically do not meet all of the requirements to claim the 50 job offer points and there is a chance your application will be refused for this specific reason.

GS23

Aug 19, 2020
You need a letter from your employer that specifically states they will continue to employer you for at least one year after you become a PR. If you cannot obtain this letter from your employer, then you technically do not meet all of the requirements to claim the 50 job offer points and there is a chance your application will be refused for this specific reason.
Thankyou for the response!

i dont think my employer would provide this letter. is there any other way.
Also as i would be completing 2 years, my score crosses the draw by 20 points. Can that suffice?
Just trying to flip all the possible stones :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thankyou for the response!

i dont think my employer would provide this letter. is there any other way.
Also as i would be completing 2 years, my score crosses the draw by 20 points. Can that suffice?
Just trying to flip all the possible stones :)
No, it won't.

Your points are locked in at the time you receive ITA. If you want to claim the extra 20 points once you complete 2 years of work experience, then you would need to withdraw your current application, wait until you have 2 years of work experience and then receive a new ITA.

You can't claim the additional 20 points as part of your current application.

Presh2019

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
No, it won't.

Your points are locked in at the time you receive ITA. If you want to claim the extra 20 points once you complete 2 years of work experience, then you would need to withdraw your current application, wait until you have 2 years of work experience and then receive a new ITA.

You can't claim the additional 20 points as part of your current application.
Quick question, I did not claim 50 points for job offer in Canada as I don’t have an LMIA, just 1 year experience in Canada but I was asked to submit offer letter, letter of employment and employment records, 3 separate documents. Do u know why I was asked for those 3 instead of just the employment records. I’ve already submitted my application tho but just wondering now.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Quick question, I did not claim 50 points for job offer in Canada as I don’t have an LMIA, just 1 year experience in Canada but I was asked to submit offer letter, letter of employment and employment records, 3 separate documents. Do u know why I was asked for those 3 instead of just the employment records. I’ve already submitted my application tho but just wondering now.
Try checking your answers again to see what might’ve triggered the request, you can still view the answers you submitted post AOR by following these instructions: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-view-the-details-i-submitted-after-ita.468565/post-5868355

mak9690

Oct 12, 2020
@scylla I'm also an ICT LMIA exempt work permit, have a regular job offer letter but it doesn't have any specific end date. Although it explicitly states my job is continued as long as I'm legally authorized to work in Canada [be it Work Permit or PR]. I've got a employment verification letter from my employer stating my start date, work hours per week & that Im a current employee with my roles and responsibilities. Am I eligible to claim this 50 points for arranged employment?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla I'm also an ICT LMIA exempt work permit, have a regular job offer letter but it doesn't have any specific end date. Although it explicitly states my job is continued as long as I'm legally authorized to work in Canada [be it Work Permit or PR]. I've got a employment verification letter from my employer stating my start date, work hours per week & that Im a current employee with my roles and responsibilities. Am I eligible to claim this 50 points for arranged employment?
As said above, IRCC requires the letter from your employer to specifically state that they will continue to offer the job to you for at least one year after you become PR in order to claim the 50 points. If they letter doesn't specifically state this, then there is a risk IRCC will say you cannot claim the points.

Presh2019

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
As said above, IRCC requires the letter from your employer to specifically state that they will continue to offer the job to you for at least one year after you become PR in order to claim the 50 points. If they letter doesn't specifically state this, then there is a risk IRCC will say you cannot claim the points.
Thank You, I was able to see my answers. Apparently I answered Yes to having a job offer but I also answered No to having an LMIA, do you think this will trigger a rejection or what can I do at this point?