waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
hi, I am looking for help on a few things before I apply for my WP extension:

1. Is the 'Offer of employment' that I need to submit still IMM5802, or do I need to get my employer to write me a letter stating the same information as on IMM5802 but which is not the form?

2. Does anyone have any experience with the Employer Portal? when the employer fills in the details, the worker info, the job description, the wages and benefits etc, and submits, does the offer get into the system automatically? In other words, can I apply for my WP immediately after they've done that, or do I need to wait?

3. I am paid by my foreign institution (I am an academic), so wages, benefits, work hours etc are all paid by them, not my Canadian employer. So, when my Canadian employer will be filling in the forms in their Employer Portal, are they to leave the spaces about wages and benefits etc blank, and in 'alternate compensation scheme' state that I am paid by my home foreign institution, or are they to fill in all the fields anyway? The same with benefits, can they just state in 'other benefits' that I get them from a foreign institution? I can see that these questions are almost exactly the same as those on IMM5802, but I want to clarify these answers since there is less flexibility with online forms than with paper forms.

4. Finally - where is the "Employer Questionnaire and Declaration"Huh? I am trying to find it, last year it was IMM5658, but I can't find it in the CIC search option and clicking on 'open in new window' on the required documents on 'my personal checklist' says there was an error :/ What is that, then? And where do I find it?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
1. Offer of employment generally is addressed to the employee and signed by both parties. It is not the same as IMM5802. However, it is not required to submit the actual job offer by the employee for getting a work permit. I have done this first hand and the file prepared for me by lawyer did not include the actual job offer. So IMM5802 should be sufficient.

2. Yes the offer does get into the system and employer pays a fee. The receipt of that fee needs to be attached with the application, along with the job offer number. I remember this was a slip added in my application.

3. No idea about this. You have to check with a lawyer or your Candian employer since they must have done this before.

4. No idea about this either. In my case it was a provincial exemption from LMIA to a particular employer. So it required two things a) A letter from provincial ministry supporting the job offer, and B) A letter from the employer supporting the same (still it was not the actual job offer - it did not state the terms of employment but rather stated the roles, responsibilities and employer's commitment for the employee, addressed to CIC).

I should point out that in my case it was not an online application. We were in a hurry so I went to border with this application package to get a work permit renewal. Eligibility for that is a different story.

Hope it helps.

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi there,

thanks!

1. I did this all last year, but this year I noticed that they changed a few things - one no longer is required to submit IMM5802 although it was called 'offer of employment', now one need to submit 'offer of employment' without it being specified it's imm5802, which is why i assumed they mean a document containing similar information, thanks for your tip on that.

2. As for the fee, see, last year I had to put the receipt number on IMM5802 before submiting it, it seems like this year that's not possible because one is nor required to submit imm5802. So do I need that receipt at all? But, good to know there is not wait!

3. I guess in that case I'll just ask them to fill in all the spaces and explain in the 'alternative compensation scheme', and maybe attach a letter myself, along with this employer declaration, whatever it's going to be, to explain if they need further info, but the conditions are the same as last year so I hope it'll be allright (I also have my home institution letters). As for experience: they actually don't have it, only as far as they've gone with me ;)

4. So this was just a standard form to be submitted online, I was just wondering where it went, or maybe it's something else now??

So thanks very much for your answer, and maybe could anyone else let me know what they think?

dbf1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of God
NO, you do not need the receipt. All you need is LIMA-exempt offer ID number. Remember to include this in your application.
Lady_Ashka said:
Hi there,

thanks!

1. I did this all last year, but this year I noticed that they changed a few things - one no longer is required to submit IMM5802 although it was called 'offer of employment', now one need to submit 'offer of employment' without it being specified it's imm5802, which is why i assumed they mean a document containing similar information, thanks for your tip on that.

2. As for the fee, see, last year I had to put the receipt number on IMM5802 before submiting it, it seems like this year that's not possible because one is nor required to submit imm5802. So do I need that receipt at all? But, good to know there is not wait!

3. I guess in that case I'll just ask them to fill in all the spaces and explain in the 'alternative compensation scheme', and maybe attach a letter myself, along with this employer declaration, whatever it's going to be, to explain if they need further info, but the conditions are the same as last year so I hope it'll be allright (I also have my home institution letters). As for experience: they actually don't have it, only as far as they've gone with me ;)

4. So this was just a standard form to be submitted online, I was just wondering where it went, or maybe it's something else now??

So thanks very much for your answer, and maybe could anyone else let me know what they think?

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Ok and where will I need to put it?

So to sum up: no imm 5802 but the offer of employment should contain the same info, no wait after employer submits their offer through the EP, best to include all details on wages etc, and what about thr employer declaration and questionaire?

cwk32

Feb 14, 2016
Please note that generally you can submit only the ID of the offer of employment LMIA-exempt.

The original table is not required.

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Are you talking about the employer's ID number, or the code for my profession whith the kind of exemption requested?? Or are you saying that once the employer submots their offer online through the portal they will have an ID number of the submitted offer and that's what I'll need??

So to sum up, i need my employer's offer's id (the one they submitted online) and their receipt number and i put both these numbers on the offer of employment document that i need to submit online, yes?

cwk32

Feb 14, 2016
Lady_Ashka said:
Are you talking about the employer's ID number, or the code for my profession whith the kind of exemption requested?? Or are you saying that once the employer submots their offer online through the portal they will have an ID number of the submitted offer and that's what I'll need??

So to sum up, i need my employer's offer's id (the one they submitted online) and their receipt number and i put both these numbers on the offer of employment document that i need to submit online, yes?
Just that ID.

We receive an offer-of-employment from the hosting institution began with a letter A then a series of number.

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
*which* ID - the employer's, the job offer's, or the lmia exemptions????????

My document last year was IMM5802 and did not have any numbers apart from: a) title of lmia exemption: R205(c) (ii) - postdoctoral fellows, b) LMIA exemption code C44, c) NOC code: 4011. So as you see, I don;t think I belong to what you call 'we', because I didn't get any kind of offer of employment in an fixed form, and none that starts with A.

Mouga

Feb 28, 2016
fkl said:
1. Offer of employment generally is addressed to the employee and signed by both parties. It is not the same as IMM5802. However, it is not required to submit the actual job offer by the employee for getting a work permit. I have done this first hand and the file prepared for me by lawyer did not include the actual job offer. So IMM5802 should be sufficient.

2. Yes the offer does get into the system and employer pays a fee. The receipt of that fee needs to be attached with the application, along with the job offer number. I remember this was a slip added in my application.

3. No idea about this. You have to check with a lawyer or your Candian employer since they must have done this before.

4. No idea about this either. In my case it was a provincial exemption from LMIA to a particular employer. So it required two things a) A letter from provincial ministry supporting the job offer, and B) A letter from the employer supporting the same (still it was not the actual job offer - it did not state the terms of employment but rather stated the roles, responsibilities and employer's commitment for the employee, addressed to CIC).

I should point out that in my case it was not an online application. We were in a hurry so I went to border with this application package to get a work permit renewal. Eligibility for that is a different story.

Hope it helps.

Hello guys,
please help,
I am applying to extend my work permit. I am LMIA exempt. My employer submitted the offer online Via employer portal. I just want to ask where to find the number of employment offer. will they send an email or will I find it on Employer portal? is is the one starting with A and then 7 digit numbers, Please advise. some other thing,do I have to submit an actual offer of employment with my application with a letter head and all these information, or the number of the online offer will be enough?. And can anybody go to the boarder with the package or there is some conditions?
thank you

Lakshita

Mar 29, 2016
Hi guys
I need suggestion how I can extend my work permit
I am on PGWP and Sinp nominee. I got my AOR from Cic and waiting for medical
My PGWP expiring soon, I have work permit extension support letter from Sinp with my employer name on it and Sinp nominee with employer name
I am not eligible for BOWP
How I can extend my work permit

Naratve

Jun 23, 2016
Hi everyone!

I am in the same situation Lady-Ashka was... I wonder what you did with the IMM 5658 (employer questionnaire and declaration) document for extending my work permit. I am a postdoctoral fellow who wants to apply to the extension online.
How can I get it?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi there - I fixed it. It only comes up as a required document if you put 'yes' to the question 'have you got the employer declaration etc' in the initial eligibility questionnaire - just say 'no' and it will disappear from your required document checklist. If it doesn't I'd call CIC, or attach the one you had last year with a letter from your employer repeating the same information as on the form (but on their letterhead and officially signed) along with a letter of explanation that you couldn't find the form online. But, I am sure if you just say 'no' in the questionnaire it will be gone from the doc list. Good luck! (I just had my post-doctoral work permit extended, yay!) :)

Naratve

Jun 23, 2016
Hi!

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I didn't find that Question regarding this declaration... and I didn't need it last time...
Calling them is quite impossible... you never get to talk to a 'real' person.

I don't know... I will keep on searching... They should update that software though.. because if they do not provide with that form is probably because they don't require it anymore...

In any case thanks a lot for your help!

Have a nice day!