+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA EXEMPT WORK PERMIT EXTENSION

Vkey

Oct 3, 2015
pretty_girl said:
They are asking for a support letter from your province. Which province nominated you? Did your work permit expire already?
Alberta nomination, I have already submitted my nomination letter to them. My work permit has been expired.
I don't know how to approach them?
:'( :'(

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Vkey said:
Alberta nomination, I have already submitted my nomination letter to them. My work permit has been expired.
I don't know how to approach them?
:'( :'(

Contact Alberta PNP office, they are one who can issue you a support letter. It will mention all the details that CIC has asked you.

Good luck.

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Still waiting :(

Sheena_Singh

May 31, 2012
Here is my situation -

My husband and I moved to Québec on a closed work permit in 2012 sponsored by his company. Being a spouse I received an open work permit automatically and worked as a contractor for over a year. August 2015 our work permits were going to expire and we applied for an renewal a few days before with an LMIA exempt as we have a CSQ now. We are still waiting for our renewed work permit to arrive. In the meantime we have also applied for our Federal PR as well.

Now my husband recently found that his position in the company might be getting terminated in January 2016. I have started working for a new employer a month ago and I want to ask my employer to sponsor our work permits as they will not have to go through the LMIA process since we have a CSQ. What is the process that my employer will have to follow. How difficult is the process. Can I apply on behalf of my employer with just a letter of employment

Any information to help our case is much appreciated.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Hello frifriends our work permit is expiring om han first and have submitted our applicatio. for pr already.Can the medicals for pr be used for the work permit extension.Thank you.

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
fpaikar said:
Hello frifriends our work permit is expiring om han first and have submitted our applicatio. for pr already.Can the medicals for pr be used for the work permit extension.Thank you.
Yes you can use those medicals for work permit too. Just submit a copy of your tracking sheet with your work permit application.

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Sheena_Singh said:
Here is my situation -

My husband and I moved to Québec on a closed work permit in 2012 sponsored by his company. Being a spouse I received an open work permit automatically and worked as a contractor for over a year. August 2015 our work permits were going to expire and we applied for an renewal a few days before with an LMIA exempt as we have a CSQ now. We are still waiting for our renewed work permit to arrive. In the meantime we have also applied for our Federal PR as well.

Now my husband recently found that his position in the company might be getting terminated in January 2016. I have started working for a new employer a month ago and I want to ask my employer to sponsor our work permits as they will not have to go through the LMIA process since we have a CSQ. What is the process that my employer will have to follow. How difficult is the process. Can I apply on behalf of my employer with just a letter of employment

Any information to help our case is much appreciated.
Ok.

So let me understand the situation first.

You hold open work permit being a spouse of a foreign worker who holds a closed WP.

Now, he has applied for his closed work permit extension and so did you for your open work permit? Right?

Are there any restrictions on his CSQ nomination?

I am not much familiar with Quebec rules but I might be able to guide you about federal programs like extending work permit.

FYI: both of you are under implied status. He can only work with his previous employer till he gets his new employer which I don't know gonna be open or close and You can work with anyone since your WP was open.

Now, who is the principle applicant of CSQ?

Sheena_Singh

May 31, 2012
My response is below in bold-

You hold open work permit being a spouse of a foreign worker who holds a closed WP. Yes

Now, he has applied for his closed work permit extension and so did you for your open work permit? Right? Yes

Are there any restrictions on his CSQ nomination? No

I am not much familiar with Quebec rules but I might be able to guide you about federal programs like extending work permit. Look forward to your reponse

FYI: both of you are under implied status. He can only work with his previous employer till he gets his new employer which I don't know gonna be open or close and You can work with anyone since your WP was open. Can I apply another work permit with my employer even before his renewed work permit arrives? Can I apply at the border and get it sooner? What does my employer need to do to get me a closed work permit? And how long does the process take?

Now, who is the principle applicant of CSQ? My Spouse is the principal

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Sheena_Singh said:
Can I apply another work permit with my employer even before his renewed work permit arrives? Can I apply at the border and get it sooner? What does my employer need to do to get me a closed work permit? And how long does the process take?

1. You can not apply for a new work permit at a border if you are under implied status unless you are from TRV exempt country then only you can go there and apply for a new work permit. So, don't go outside of Canada if you need TRV and don`t have valid WP otherwise you will lose your implied status and could not work till you get your new work permit.

2. In order to get a close WP with a specific employer, you need to have a valid LMIA. If your employer can get you a LMIA and you have valid multiple entry TRV unless you are TRV exempt, you can go the border to get close work permit. See attached link for more information on LMIA procedure. http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/quebec.shtml#ex

3. If your husband gets close work permit then he can work that particular employer only even if his contract is only January. He will need to get a new work permit with a new employer through LMIA or he could have make an application for open work permit based upon his PR application (If he has received AOR) See attached link for more info about open work permits. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

4. Processing time - I am not sure how long it will take to get a LMIA. You can contact Service Canada for more details. But processing time to get a work permit online or paper is almost the same. See attached link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Sheena_Singh

May 31, 2012
Thanks a lot for your response.

Based on the post - http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/quebec.shtml#ex, we do qualify for LMIA exemption. What are the steps that my employer can take to apply for my closed work permit?

Lastly - after we receive our renewed work permit and then if my company applies for my closed work permit, will we be on an implied visa till we hear a decision on my closed work permit?

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Sheena_Singh said:
Thanks a lot for your response.

Based on the post - http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/quebec.shtml#ex, we do qualify for LMIA exemption. What are the steps that my employer can take to apply for my closed work permit?

Lastly - after we receive our renewed work permit and then if my company applies for my closed work permit, will we be on an implied visa till we hear a decision on my closed work permit?
I think you are LMIA exempt based on your spouse's work permit and your spouse is LMIA exempt because he is the principle applicant of CSQ.

So if you have applied for a work permit CIC will issue you an open work permit and which means you can work anywhere and would not be able to apply for a new work permit until the previous one is about to expire within 4 months. CIC will not issue another work permit if they see that you already hold a valid open work permit that is not expiring within 4 months.

So, your spouse could have made an application for open work permit too if he has received AOR (passed initial stage of PR application) or he can get LMIA from your employer and apply for a new work permit specifically with him.

I hope it helps.

You can also call CIC and see what they suggest.

Adii11586

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27, 2016
Nomination.....
May 26, 2015
AOR Received.
August 17, 2015
Med's Request
March 4, 2016
Med's Done....
CIC Received (March 18, 2016)
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2016 but PP received on June 10, 2016
LANDED..........
June 11, 2016
Hi

I applied for the extenstion for my PGWP as it was issued according to the expiry of my passport. So i applied again as i can't apply online so i applied paper application but i have applied on 13 October 2015 but still there is no confrimation or anything from CIC which i can present to my employer as they need something to verify my status in canada.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
Adii11586 said:
Hi

I applied for the extenstion for my PGWP as it was issued according to the expiry of my passport. So i applied again as i can't apply online so i applied paper application but i have applied on 13 October 2015 but still there is no confrimation or anything from CIC which i can present to my employer as they need something to verify my status in canada.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
You could have marked your envelope as urgent and included a letter from your employer that he wants to see your valid WP in order for you to continue working with him. See below in details. I have also attached the link I got this information from.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/amend.asp
In certain circumstances, you may qualify for urgent processing. If you meet one of the criteria outlined below, you must clearly mark “URGENT” on your mailing envelope. You must include proof as to why urgent processing is required. If you do not meet the criteria below or do not provide sufficient proof, your application will be placed in the regular processing queue.

The criteria for urgent processing are as follows:
•You face immediate loss of employment, or an employment opportunity, because you are not in possession of proof of your immigration information. Include an original letter from the employer indicating this requirement.
•You are unable to receive urgent services from other government departments at the federal, provincial, or municipal level as a result of the error that was made on your document. Urgent services may include medically urgent health services, obtaining a Social Insurance Number (SIN) if failing to obtain one will cause immediate loss of employment or an employment opportunity, etc.
You must provide proof of your situation, including:
◦photocopies of any letters or other documentation from other federal, provincial or municipal government departments, or
◦an original letter from your employer, or
◦a letter explaining your situation, or
◦any other documents you may have to support your request for urgent processing.

•Your application was seriously delayed due to an administrative error on the part of Canadian immigration officials. Include a letter explaining the situation, and any supporting document you may have.

Note: Requests relating to inclusion of references to on and off campus work authorization on a study permit do not qualify for urgent processing.

Communication from CIC

The application form provides an opportunity to give your email address to CIC. If you provide your email address, you are authorizing CIC to use your email address to communicate with you. This includes the transmission of personal information on your file or case and all correspondence regarding your Request to amend the Record of Landing (IMM 1000), Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) or Valid Temporary Resident Documents (PDF, 761.10 KB). If you have not indicated an e-mail address, all correspondence will go to the mailing address you provided on your application form.

liamE

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2015
Applied for an extension of my LMIA exempt work permit in id July and have had no communication from CIC since the e-receipt saying they had received it. They haven't updated processing times for two weeks. I've been on implied status for more than 2 months.

Has anybody else who applied in June/July/August had any news on their applications?