+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA-Exempt Offer of Employment

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I have been working for just over a year now in the same role, while on an LMIA-exempt work permit (International Experience Canada). My current work permit remains valid until March, 2019 and has my employer + job on it.

My employer and I are now trying to submit a new offer of employment, to receive the +50pts. in my Express Entry application (Canadian Experience Class).

However, we're unsure what categories to tick off for this when it asks us about the LMIA-exempt code. Should we simply pick R205(b) - C21 (International Experience Canada) again?

If so, we would be replicating the offer of employment we submitted a couple of months ago when I applied for my Young Professionals visa. Is this how it is supposed to work? Will the VO understand that I am not applying for another IEC visa, but am wanting to receive the +50pts. for my Express Entry application?

OR

Do we not need to submit an offer of employment online, and just keep our contract ready once IRCC asks for it? I did already indicate on my personal application that I had an LMIA-exempt job offer.