+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Exempt job

Raghad

Aug 30, 2018
Hello All,

I currently have a PGWP, and I was to able to get a full time job as a contractor in a company. My question is regarding getting the valid job offer points to apply FSW program. The thing is that the employer doesnt have LMIA since it is a contracting company. However, I came into the following in cic page :

Jobs exempt from the LMIA
You may be exempt from needing an LMIA for Express Entry if your current temporary job is LMIA-exempt, states a specific employer or employers (for skilled trade jobs, up to two employers can make a job offer), and is:

1. covered by an international agreement like NAFTA or GATS, and non-trade agreements. This can include professionals, traders and investors.
  2. covered by an agreement between Canada and a province or territory. This includes “significant investment” projects.
  3. exempt for “Canadian interests” reasons:
    1. “significant benefit” – if your employer can prove you will bring an important social, cultural, and/or economic benefit to Canada. This can include:
      1. general: Self-employed engineers, technical workers, creative and performing artists, etc.
      2. workers transferred within a company (intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge) – only those that will benefit Canada with their skills and experience
      3. workers under Mobilité francophon
since the job will be as a software engineer, do you think I'll be able to get the points for the valid job offer without having a LMIA, they mentioned they are willing to support with any letter I'll ask for. I really appreciate your response since it is very important to me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I currently have a PGWP, and I was to able to get a full time job as a contractor in a company. My question is regarding getting the valid job offer points to apply FSW program. The thing is that the employer doesnt have LMIA since it is a contracting company. However, I came into the following in cic page :

Jobs exempt from the LMIA
You may be exempt from needing an LMIA for Express Entry if your current temporary job is LMIA-exempt, states a specific employer or employers (for skilled trade jobs, up to two employers can make a job offer), and is:

1. covered by an international agreement like NAFTA or GATS, and non-trade agreements. This can include professionals, traders and investors.
  2. covered by an agreement between Canada and a province or territory. This includes “significant investment” projects.
  3. exempt for “Canadian interests” reasons:
    1. “significant benefit” – if your employer can prove you will bring an important social, cultural, and/or economic benefit to Canada. This can include:
      1. general: Self-employed engineers, technical workers, creative and performing artists, etc.
      2. workers transferred within a company (intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge) – only those that will benefit Canada with their skills and experience
      3. workers under Mobilité francophon
since the job will be as a software engineer, do you think I'll be able to get the points for the valid job offer without having a LMIA, they mentioned they are willing to support with any letter I'll ask for. I really appreciate your response since it is very important to me
Since you hold an open work permit, the only way for you to get the 50 points is for your employer to obtain an approved LMIA.

Raghad

Aug 30, 2018
Since you hold an open work permit, the only way for you to get the 50 points is for your employer to obtain an approved LMIA.
IF they hire a contractors but it can be long term contacts, do you think that it is possible to get an approved LMIA for me ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IF they hire a contractors but it can be long term contacts, do you think that it is possible to get an approved LMIA for me ?
Your job offer needs to be permanent to qualify for the 50 points.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Nope... LMIA is usually for full time jobs and companies have to justify why you why not Canadian citizen and resident in the DB.

2 month of advertisement. etc etc loads of disclosures. NO company will do that much for a contractor