+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA & Closed work permit

LataLalita

Feb 2, 2023
1) How long does it take to get positive LMIA
2) After getting LMIA, how long does it take to get closed work permit along with spouse open work permit
3) after above two how long does it take for visa to get approved for Indian employee
Please help me with above points. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
2) After getting LMIA, how long does it take to get closed work permit along with spouse open work permit
3) after above two how long does it take for visa to get approved for Indian employee
1) Anywhere from a few weeks to 6+ months
2) Estimated processing time is 8 weeks but could be shorter or longer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. Depends when employer applied and for what stream (GSS?). NOC?
2. Depends on where you live.
3. Depends on 1&2

Google - IRCC check processing times and LMIA processing times.

LataLalita

Feb 2, 2023
1. Depends when employer applied and for what stream (GSS?). NOC?
2. Depends on where you live.
3. Depends on 1&2

Google - IRCC check processing times and LMIA processing times.
Employer applied in first week Jan'23 and for NOC B category job
I live in India

IRCC processing time shows 17 days to get LMIA approved for the stream related to me. However, my application is still pending for employer's interview.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I live in India

IRCC processing time shows 17 days to get LMIA approved for the stream related to me. However, my application is still pending for employer's interview.
So Permanent Residency Stream? If so, how?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I live in India

Posted processing times are often not accurate.

Familyof5Canada

Star Member
Feb 5, 2023
We applied for LMIA low skilled work permit applications last Dec 21, 2022 my medical status says PASSED however for my husband and son it hasn't updated yet.

• Is this normal?
  • How much time does it take for it to update and for PPR?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We applied for LMIA low skilled work permit applications last Dec 21, 2022 my medical status says PASSED however for my husband and son it hasn't updated yet.

• Is this normal?
  • How much time does it take for it to update and for PPR?
How is your family eligible since you are a low skilled worker?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He is 5 yrs old and applied for Visitors visa. Our applications were submitted at the same time
Processing has different times for visitor and work visas so depends on where you live. What will your son do if he cannot attend school? Do you have daycare arranged? If so may want to look into it because of waiting lists.

Familyof5Canada

Star Member
Feb 5, 2023
Processing has different times for visitor and work visas so depends on where you live. What will your son do if he cannot attend school? Do you have daycare arranged? If so may want to look into it because of waiting lists.
Yes daycare - Can we arrange or email daycare centers while we wait for our visa approvals?
We are in Ecuador with 15 weeks processing timeline as of the moment

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes daycare - Can we arrange or email daycare centers while we wait for our visa approvals?
We are in Ecuador with 15 weeks processing timeline as of the moment
You can call and see if you can get on waiting lists without a work permit. Some centres may say no. Some people are on waiting lists for years. Childcare is at a premium in Canada. You may need to look at care in someone’s home. Most centres are only open 7am-6p.m. Monday to Friday.

Familyof5Canada

Star Member
Feb 5, 2023
You can call and see if you can get on waiting lists without a work permit. Some centres may say no. Some people are on waiting lists for years. Childcare is at a premium in Canada. You may need to look at care in someone’s home. Most centres are only open 7am-6p.m. Monday to Friday.
This is so informative and helpful. I will contact and reach out to daycare centers to ask about being waitlisted even if we're still waiting for our visas. Hopefully they'd accept even if it requires a waitlist fee.

You may need to look at care in someone’s home - Will also look into this