+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA / Closed work permit

Sowgat

May 17, 2019
Hi All,

Currently, I’m working as a Financial Service Representative, NOC 6235. I’ve been working with my current employer for 1 year and 8 months, but they don’t have a policy to provide with LMIA. But, I have got an LMIA offer from a different company as a Gas Station supervisor. What are the chances to get a rejection if I Apply for a closed work permit (LMIA - Dual Intent) as a Gas Station Supervisor since my last occupation was in Financial Services as an FSR? Also, how to check the legitimacy of the LMIA once received? I’m in the EE pool under CEC, 50 pints in CRS and a closed work permit will be the saviour since my open work permit is expiring soon. Please help with some information.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

Currently, I’m working as a Financial Service Representative, NOC 6235. I’ve been working with my current employer for 1 year and 8 months, but they don’t have a policy to provide with LMIA. But, I have got an LMIA offer from a different company as a Gas Station supervisor. What are the chances to get a rejection if I Apply for a closed work permit (LMIA - Dual Intent) as a Gas Station Supervisor since my last occupation was in Financial Services as an FSR? Also, how to check the legitimacy of the LMIA once received? I’m in the EE pool under CEC, 50 pints in CRS and a closed work permit will be the saviour since my open work permit is expiring soon. Please help with some information.
You need to show that you are experienced to do the job so if you have experience then no issue. If not, it will be up to IRCC to decide. You can’t check the legitimacy of a LMIA.

Reactions: Sowgat

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you.
Given that this is a significant change in occupation this would raise quite a lot of red flags. How did you get the job as a gas station supervisor? Did you pay to get the job? This Is the type of job offer that is offered in exchange for payment. It is against the law but unfortunately still happens and IRCC only catches a fraction of the corrupt immigration lawyers and consultants and businesses.

Sowgat

May 17, 2019
Given that this is a significant change in occupation this would raise quite a lot of red flags. How did you get the job as a gas station supervisor? Did you pay to get the job? This Is the type of job offer that is offered in exchange for payment. It is against the law but unfortunately still happens and IRCC only catches a fraction of the corrupt immigration lawyers and consultants and businesses.
Thanks. It wasn't a paid LMIA, in fact the employer will pay all the fees.