LMIA cancelled after PR

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Team,

I have a serious question to ask.
I am applying for PR showing my LMIA work permit as one of the documents. Where i get 50 points.

My question is if my employer cancels my work permit or lay me off from the work what will happen to my PR??

Will my PR get revoked?

Also, Can i apply PR without showing my LMIA even if i have one??

I am getting around 429 points without LMIA.

Please help

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
HI Team,

I have a serious question to ask.
I am applying for PR showing my LMIA work permit as one of the documents. Where i get 50 points.

My question is if my employer cancels my work permit or lay me off from the work what will happen to my PR??

Will my PR get revoked?

I am getting around 429 points without LMIA.

Please help
It is not very easy to cancell your work permit, because your employer promised that he/she would hire you for a time period. The company has to have a very serious reason to cancell your permit. The company will be in trouble if they do not have reason to fire you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
HI Team,

Employers cannot "cancel" a work permit, only IRCC can. They can lay you off / terminate you. If your offer of future employment is no longer valid, then you could lose the 50 bonus points. IRCC would then re-calculate your CRS score to see if you were still eligible for the draw.

Will my PR get revoked?
??? But you don't have PR yet. But if your CRS score is below the cutoff for your draw after deducting the 50 points, you will (probably) be reassessed as ineligible and your application will be refused.

Um... not really, but you can say "no" to having a valid job offer.

Please help

Ankita ankita

Feb 7, 2020
Hii,
i just have a question i got my Lmia approved and my work permit and my Applied for PR TOO. but i want to travel to india for 3 months for personal reason. Can i travel outside canada and re enter if i am on employer specific work permit?

Bang86

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hi Ankita,

yes you can re-enter Canada with an employer specific work permit as long as everything else is valid.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@Bang86
Do my PR will be affected ? As i will not work for 3 months on employer specific work permit ? And claim points for this LMIA on express entry ?
No it won’t have any impact on your pr application. I guess you meet requirements for pr application right.? Going on vacation doesn’t effect anything don’t worry and enjoy your time in India.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Unpaid vacation is fine too .
Yes i claim points on LMIA basis 50 points for LMIA thats y i am scared
Well if you claimed one year experience in your CEC and you have enough hours , you should be fine . I don’t know why are you overthinking. You can go for 3 months unpaid vacation it’s not a issue. You work permit is still valid. Make sure you join same employer when you come back.

Ankita ankita

Feb 7, 2020
Hii ..one of the agent told me dont take leave for more than one month ...because your LMIA is on going and it will not be valid if you take 2-3 months off. As i have employer specific work permit

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hii ..one of the agent told me dont take leave for more than one month ...because your LMIA is on going and it will not be valid if you take 2-3 months off. As i have employer specific work permit
Well I don’t think so it’s problem some how . You can call cic and ask for sure but what if person got sick and he/she have to day off that’s crazy answer from agent. You already have one year experience and your pr application is in process so what is issue. Lot of people go for vacation when they have employer specific work permit.

Ankita ankita

Feb 7, 2020
I know but earlier i claim one year experience on open work permit.
Anyhow
I have another question
Your crs score will be recalculated once you get married after AOR

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Please I would suggest WAIT till this whole process is over then do whatever you want

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I know but earlier i claim one year experience on open work permit.
Anyhow
I have another question
Your crs score will be recalculated once you get married after AOR
There is no problem if you have employer specific work permit and you go on vacation once again I’m saying you. Anyways

If you get married after ITA and before submission then your points will be recalculated. Points gained will be if you submit ECA and language results of your spouse along with yours. If you can manage to collect these documents in addition to marriage documents within two months time then report changes in your family composition and then submit the application. If you get married after AOR then there will be no changes in your CRS points calculation and you just need to report changes in your family composition.
It's up to you what route suits you.