+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Aproved, getting the WP on Implied Status

EdsonVieiraJr

Nov 23, 2017
Hi. I have the following situation: My OWP exipred in Aug 31 2017, and I got an extension as visitor till Sep 22. Before this vistor extension expried I applied for another visitor extension, because my former employr decided to request an LMIA so I could continue working with them.

So the LMIA as approved. Can I go to the border crossing at Niagara Falls or Kingston and apply for my WP, even though I am on Implied Status?

My fear is not that the WP is denied, I know that can happen, but could they also deny me re-entry to Canada? My TRV expired along with my OWP in August.

Is it a risk to go to the border to apply for a WP in this situation?

sandhu5644

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi. I have the following situation: My OWP exipred in Aug 31 2017, and I got an extension as visitor till Sep 22. Before this vistor extension expried I applied for another visitor extension, because my former employr decided to request an LMIA so I could continue working with them.

So the LMIA as approved. Can I go to the border crossing at Niagara Falls or Kingston and apply for my WP, even though I am on Implied Status?

My fear is not that the WP is denied, I know that can happen, but could they also deny me re-entry to Canada? My TRV expired along with my OWP in August.

Is it a risk to go to the border to apply for a WP in this situation?
Hi . I have same situation. Did you get your WP Under implied status