+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Application

zee2abc

Mar 10, 2018
Hi

I have been looking for a Caregiver job in Canada for sometime. I have been liaising through a consultant for few years and I paid him half of his fee at the start.

Few weeks ago, he arranged an interview with a potential employer and after that I was told that I have been offered job. He said he will file for LMIA on behalf of employer. He asked me to sign the page 7 of the contract which didn't have the signature of employer. He said he will get the paperwork signed from employer when he sees them in few days and will share the contract. Later on he said it is not a practice for them to share the employer's signature which was very surprising for me as usually this isn't the practice in other countries.

Also, the way he and his assistant has been dealing with the whole matter seems very unprofessional and uncoordinated, which has put me in doubt if he has a genuine offer of work for me or not. He has been asking me to pay the remainder of the money which is very substantial amount for me. I have asked him to provide me evidence that the LMIA has been filed but he is refusing.

Can someone please advise what is the normal process with other consultants?

Thanks