+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Application Question Help

erishil2017

Dec 12, 2017
Hello- I am hoping someone here can help me with a couple questions on the LMIA application.
I really don't want it to get rejected so here's hoping someone can help me ....

1. Will offering this job to a TFW result in direct job creation or job retention of Canadians/Permanent residents? Yes or No. If yes, please details.

2. Will offering this job to a TFW result in the development or transfer of skills and knowledge for the benefit of Canadians/permanent residents? Yes or No. If yes, provide details.

3. Describe any other benefits to the Canadian Labour Market that will result from offering this job to a TFW? other than.. fill labour shortage ( im guessing )

Thank you in advance!!!

storma

Dec 13, 2017
If I remember correctly, there were 4 check boxes. I simply checked one with filling labor shortage. Yes I submitted and have the LMIA

storma

Dec 13, 2017
In how much time did u get ur LMIA?
I submitted the application in June and LMIA was issued in August. Note: This LMIA is for a caregiver position. I'm not sure how long it takes in other NOC categories. Good luck

Silver123

Dec 20, 2017
Please help
My canadian employer applied for lmia and got approved by alberta and quebec. Waiting for the lmia approval from ontario. Its been under process for like 2 months already. Can anybody tell me how long would it take to get the lmia approval from ontario . And how long would it take to get the selection certificate from quebec

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Please help
My canadian employer applied for lmia and got approved by alberta and quebec. Waiting for the lmia approval from ontario. Its been under process for like 2 months already. Can anybody tell me how long would it take to get the lmia approval from ontario . And how long would it take to get the selection certificate from quebec

1. Sounds fishy, the employer applies for one LMIA where the job is, and only if it is in Quebec applies for a CSQ and LMIA

Reactions: scylla

storma

Dec 13, 2017
Please help
I don't know how long it will take for your employer to obtain a LMIA from Ontario. Why will your employer apply for several LMIA for you? Sounds like a scam????

Silver123

Dec 20, 2017
I don't know how long it will take for your employer to obtain a LMIA from Ontario. Why will your employer apply for several LMIA for you? Sounds like a scam????
Ohhh. But its to support the EE profile for pr . i have an active EE profile.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ohhh. But its to support the EE profile for pr . i have an active EE profile.
It still doesn't make sense. That's not how LMIAs work.

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hello,

I have plans of applying for an LMIA for an In-Home Caregiver for my Son who is almost 4 years old. I would like my Sister who is based in Middle East to work as the Caregiver. We are still renting (in 2Bedroom apartment) so the Employee (My Sister) will not live with us in the same house. Since this program does not require the Caregiver to stay and live with the employer, I would like to know if there is a chance of denial just because we are renting and dont have our own house? Our combined income is less than $90,000, so an exemption with the LMIA fee is helpful too. My Sister is a Nursing degree holder and a Registered Nurse back home (more than 2 years), not employed for almost 14 months and is now working as a Dental Nurse for kids in Middle East.

Is someone in this forum have the same situation as mine? Not sure if we will get approval even though our income is only at $90,000. We will go to Service Canada to obtain a business number in order for us to advertise the job in Job Bank.

Another question is, can my Sister use her more than two years of work experience as a Nurse back home in the work permit application? (if LMIA is approved)

Thanks a lot.
Your response are all greatly appreciated.

Regards and hope to hear from you all soon.