+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA and Work Permit

anjansara

Jan 1, 2020
Hello,

Could you please help with below query. I've received a positive LMIA. But not yet started the work permit processing as I'm yet to receive the job offer.

Whether submitting the application online for the work permit is fine before LMIA expiry? Or do I need to give biometrics as well before the LMIA expiry date?

The reason being VACs are still closed and unable to give the biometrics. No clue when it will open.

Thanks

souljk

Nov 25, 2013
i think you need to start working within a certain pereriod which i don't recall but think it was month or so from the date you got positive lmia. not 100percent sure. hear other peoples thoughts too

anjansara

Jan 1, 2020
i think you need to start working within a certain pereriod which i don't recall but think it was month or so from the date you got positive lmia. not 100percent sure. hear other peoples thoughts too
Yes, waiting for more updates from other members

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
LMIA is valid got 6 months and you must apply for work permit before LMIA expires. You do not need to complete biometrics before LMIA expires

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Could you please help with below query. I've received a positive LMIA. But not yet started the work permit processing as I'm yet to receive the job offer.

Whether submitting the application online for the work permit is fine before LMIA expiry? Or do I need to give biometrics as well before the LMIA expiry date?

The reason being VACs are still closed and unable to give the biometrics. No clue when it will open.

Thanks
Do you mean the employer has received a positive LMIA. How do you know about the LMIA if you don’t have a job offer? How did you find this job? There are many scam victims so these questions are important.

anjansara

Jan 1, 2020
Do you mean the employer has received a positive LMIA. How do you know about the LMIA if you don’t have a job offer? How did you find this job? There are many scam victims so these questions are important.
Yes, employer has received a positive LMIA and they will be sharing the job offer/contract with me shortly.