+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA and work permit processing time

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hello,

I really appreciate your feedback on the spouse's open work permit. I have been working in Canada since June 2020, and I applied for SOWP for my wife in Dec 2020 (outland). Yesterday, she received PPR. However, my current WP will be going to end in June 2022, which is in 3 months. I applied already for a new work permit inside Canada. Does it create any problem in the port of entry for my spouse, when she landed in Canada?. Does my IRCC letter (the letter provided for authorization to work until my new work permit issue) allow her to enter Canada? Please give me a suggestion?

bpc

Mar 16, 2022
Hi,

Any update on your file ?

Even I have got an update that Medical passed on 10th Feb.
No update yet. When did you apply and was it no gss? What stage your application is when you check the status?

PJPT

Apr 2, 2022
No update yet. When did you apply and was it no gss? What stage your application is when you check the status?
Hi, I had applied in June 21 & not a gss.
Current Status : We are processing your application.

bpc

Mar 16, 2022
Hi, I had applied in June 21 & not a gss.
Current Status : We are processing your application.
ok so looks like regardless when we applied the wait is 54 weeks. Ours is same case. a0pplied sep 2021, lmia approved. When we applied the wait time was 29 weeks/ when we inquire customer service said our processing time would be 29 weeks but there is a bit delay. but looks like the delay is almost 6 month over normal processing time

bpc

Mar 16, 2022
Hi,

Any update on your file ?

Even I have got an update that Medical passed on 10th Feb.
Recently the review eligibility has started. Is your LMIA approved work permit?
I have heard that if all is good we can expect the decision with month after the review starts. So keeping my finger crossed. Have you recently checleed your status ?

PJPT

Apr 2, 2022
I have heard that if all is good we can expect the decision with month after the review starts. So keeping my finger crossed. Have you recently checleed your status ?
Yes, it is LMIA approved work permit & status is that we are processing your application.

PJPT

Apr 2, 2022
Hi, Have you received any update on your file ?

akaur13

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Hi, has anyone applied GTS LMIA based work permit from India recently ? What are the ongoing processing times for it ?

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
I created this thread a long time ago and forgot all about it, so some updates: They rejected my work permit application from the US after processing it for about 3 months (they asked for some additional docs in between). Just as when the lawyers were readying up to file the appeal, I got my PR approved. So, the case is now closed.

akaur13

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
I created this thread a long time ago and forgot all about it, so some updates: They rejected my work permit application from the US after processing it for about 3 months (they asked for some additional docs in between). Just as when the lawyers were readying up to file the appeal, I got my PR approved. So, the case is now closed.
Hi,
Thanks for sharing the info.
What did Canadian mention as the reason for refusal of the work permit application in your case ?

Redash

Jun 11, 2022

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Hi,
Thanks for sharing the info.
What did Canadian mention as the reason for refusal of the work permit application in your case ?
I don't know. The lawyer told me that they denied it prematurely due to some IRCC error as it had happened with a few other cases. Upon further appeal, those cases turned out with a positive outcome. I didn't press for further details.