+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA and work permit processing time

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Is there any resource for finding out what the average processing times are for LMIA and work permits? I don't think the IRCC estimates are very accurate.

I am an Indian citizen living in the US and the company that I'm joining just started the process. (I have a PR application in processing for almost two years and need to move to Canada before my US work visa expires)

If anyone recently went through this process or going through this now, please let me know. Thanks!

rajkumarl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Is there any resource for finding out what the average processing times are for LMIA and work permits? I don't think the IRCC estimates are very accurate.

I am an Indian citizen living in the US and the company that I'm joining just started the process. (I have a PR application in processing for almost two years and need to move to Canada before my US work visa expires)

If anyone recently went through this process or going through this now, please let me know. Thanks!
LMIA should take approximately 3 months from the date of application. WP process is currently all very delayed. If its a ICT then it should be quick. Otherwise not sure about timelines as the timeline given on IRCC web site are not what it is in actuality.

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021

LMIA in GTS takes 10 days ( my recently got approved in 10 days)
WP according to lawyer takes 6 weeks to 8 weeks (after biometrics are given) processing from US

ashokreddykk

Jan 20, 2022
What the current processing time for WP (applying from India). I have LMIA GTS
Hi Manubalasree, My friend also in same situation applying from India. She got LMIA but waiting for work permit. I was wondering if the work permit applications from India/outside canada is stopped or processing? Based on your knowledge, please advise chances of work permit approval after approved LMIA from India?

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
chances of work permit approval depends on the case by case basis.
but processing time from india is close to 43 weeks which might be a concern

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
oh god. 43 weeks is too much time. My friend is waiting on it. Thank you for reply! I wish you good luck.
It ranges between 10 weeks to 25 weeks. It also depends if its under GTS, its usually faster for GTS applicants. 43 weeks is non gss and highly unlikely for LMIA applicants but not sure.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
for GSS/GTS, It is taking around 8-10 weeks although promised time is 2 weeks

ashokreddykk

Jan 20, 2022
It ranges between 10 weeks to 25 weeks. It also depends if its under GTS, its usually faster for GTS applicants. 43 weeks is non gss and highly unlikely for LMIA applicants but not sure.
ok. Thank you for sharing your idea. Will keep noted.