+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LLB and BVC eqivilency query - WES or IQAS?

Loulou96

Jan 8, 2019
Hi All, I am in the process of getting my documents together for an express entry and would appreciate any advice about the ECA assessment for my LLB law degree and Bar. I understand that IQAS assess the LLB alone at Masters lever but WES do not. I assume that my BVC or Degree of Utter Barrister would be assessed as Masters level but cannot find any reference to it.

Does anyone have experience of having the BVC assessed by either WES or IQAS?

Both my LLB and BVC were undertaken at British universities if that has any bearing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mapleleaf523

Apr 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am in the same boat as well. I have an undergraduate law degree from UK and ICESC assessed my degree as 4 year bachelors degree, I am thinking about reassessing it from IQAS but it takes a very long time. I contacted CIC on Facebook and they replied the following: ''Hi. Since a Bachelor of Law is one of the degrees we consider a professional degree, it will count as one even if WES assesses your education as a four-year bachelor. You can find out more about degrees and how we classify them here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html Hope this helps!''.

Any suggestions on this and has anyone experienced it and does it actually work?

Reactions: PM's

Oliverspinks

Sep 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am in the same boat as well. I have an undergraduate law degree from UK and ICESC assessed my degree as 4 year bachelors degree, I am thinking about reassessing it from IQAS but it takes a very long time. I contacted CIC on Facebook and they replied the following: ''Hi. Since a Bachelor of Law is one of the degrees we consider a professional degree, it will count as one even if WES assesses your education as a four-year bachelor. You can find out more about degrees and how we classify them here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html Hope this helps!''.

Any suggestions on this and has anyone experienced it and does it actually work?

Hey, any update on this? Did you apply with it being a professional degree?

Dedeadele

Dec 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hi, Any update on this. Were you able to claim the points for professional degree? IQAS has been impossible for a few months now. Kindly help.