+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in the US moving to Canada

canuckinus

Oct 12, 2020
My wife and I both live and work in the USA, my wife is US citizen and I'm a Canadian, US duel citizen, and we are planning to move to Canada, My question is can I start the process of spousal sponsorship and my wife permanent resident well in the US and then move to Canada say 5 or 6 months later, because I'm guessing she will not have health care until she becomes a resident or is this not possible?

Ottawagal

Aug 18, 2019
As a Canadian Citizen you can start the outland spousal sponsorship from outside Canada however you will have to provide evidence that you intend to move back to Canada when your spouse's Permanent residency application is approved.

canuckinus

Oct 12, 2020
What I'm not sure of is can she move to Canada with me before the application is approved? if we apply for a Work visa, or does she have to stay in the US until it is approved?

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
What I'm not sure of is can she move to Canada with me before the application is approved? if we apply for a Work visa, or does she have to stay in the US until it is approved?
She can definitely come with you as a visitor but she won't be able to work since you can only apply for a work permit with the inland app.