+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in Ottawa and working for Quebec company?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
I am in process of submitting and completing my application for PR under cec. I am currently residing in Quebec with a job offer and working in Montreal. I have the option to work from home. I am writing a letter of intention to move from Quebec. These are the points that i am going to write:
1.) i am working as an engineer here to excel in engineering field it’s important to be a licensed professional engineer. Since getting a license from Quebec is not possible as it requires to give a french exam. So i have already applied for license from Ontario.
2.) french language as a barrier in my professional life.
3.) applied for job outside Quebec and uploading proof of that.
4.) since i am working remotely, i will move next month to ottawa and also the lease in montreal is expiring this month, so i will add proof of that . Also my offer letter states that i work remotely
Once i move to ottawa, i will update my address which will include gas bill, mobile bill, bank etc.
will these things be convincing for the officer?
You are living in Quebec and have a job in Montreal so clearly there has been no issue working in Quebec. Your best option is to move to Ontario as soon as possible. The big issue may be that you will likely not qualify for OHIP because your employer is not located in Ontario. If not living permanently in Quebec you also don’t qualify for RAMQ. If RAMQ ever discovered you weren’t living permanently in Quebec they could refuse ask you to pay for any healthcare use received but didn’t qualify for. Does your employer have offices outside Quebec?

serjie06

Feb 4, 2024
Yea thats true, I was asking more from the point of view of OHIP how did you get that? Without having an ontario employer
Hi Navin,

May I know if you got PR working for Montreal based company while residence is Ontario?
Does the address of employer matter on your application or everything works fine as long as your residence is Ontario?

Thank you!