Ontario
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
10-04-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
HI ALL,

I have come to Canada as an international student. Now I am working and living in Quebec with an Open Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). I really like where I am working and what I am doing. My work is nearby the Ontario border, so after my year is done I am planning on moving to the Ontario side. So I will be living in Ontario and working in Quebec.

I have read a lot of threads about that it is possible to apply for EE as it goes by where you live not by where you work and live.

It got me thinking since I have not gained my 1 year of experience living on the Ontario side, does that affect me moving to Ontario a year later. Since I have been paying Quebec taxes.

How would the CIC guarantee that I am actually living in Ontario not in Quebec anymore?

Do they look at your bill payments, car registration in Ontario not Quebec, license, paycheck address, and that information?

The moral is I feel I do not have the strongest evidence that I am not living in Quebec as the year of 2019 I have paid Quebec tax and so on.

Anyone has a similar experience please reply? Nothing serious atm, but just brainstorming my next plan for my permanent residency.

PS: I do not speak French and do not intend to moving back.

Reactions: Telecom.espstud