+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in Montreal after getting FSW PR

ramneek_singh

Nov 2, 2016
All,

I applied for Canadian PR and got it in 2018 in Express Entry Scheme under FSW Category.

However, after getting PR, I applied to few colleges and I have got admit in a college in Montreal. I have not yet landed in Canada as an immigrant. I will land in Canada on 7th April and I will join the college in Montreal in end of April. My COPR says landing in Toronto.

Am I legally allowed to do so?
Since I am not a quebec resident and I have applied under 'Canadian Student, non resident of Quebec (Permanent resident deemed “non-Quebec resident).

Would there be any problem?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

I applied for Canadian PR and got it in 2018 in Express Entry Scheme under FSW Category.

However, after getting PR, I applied to few colleges and I have got admit in a college in Montreal. I have not yet landed in Canada as an immigrant. I will land in Canada on 7th April and I will join the college in Montreal in end of April. My COPR says landing in Toronto.

Am I legally allowed to do so?
Since I am not a quebec resident and I have applied under 'Canadian Student, non resident of Quebec (Permanent resident deemed “non-Quebec resident).

Would there be any problem?
You are not a PR until you've finished the landing process. Be careful where you land.

ramneek_singh

Nov 2, 2016
I am planning to land in Toronto and 20 days later I plan to move to Montreal.

How should I be careful in this.? Not yo disclose my Montreal plans?