+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in Canada with a residency violation

Desperate202

Jan 10, 2019
Just here to report for people in my shoes ,residency violation individuals, that I wasn’t asked a single question and made it in Canada with no hassle at all. Even though I had doctors’ letters that indicate that I can’t change countries/environments previously and I was ready to fully explain my situation. Quick questions regarding other things related to my situation and would appreciate your input

- If someone from a visa required country puts me down on their visit visa application, could that cause me issues?

- My girlfriend is coming over this summer for a visit. If she mentions me at the boarder when asked, can that cause me issues?

- My brother is in love with Canada like me and he’s wanting to put me down on his expression of interest to apply for Canadian PR. Apparently you get more points but I’m worried that this could trigger immigration to look further into my residency. Be advised that I’m not sponsoring him. He’s applying independently

- Could I be reported by any institution or individuals in Canada regarding my residency requirement if discovered?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
If I were you, I wouldn't let anyone put my name on their immigration application for now. It could potentially trigger an examination, however small the chance. I wouldn't risk it.
However if your brother decides to go ahead with his application. he can't hide the fact your are in Canada. This is something you need to discuss with him

Desperate202

Jan 10, 2019
Yeah, you have a point. What about a girlfriend showing up in the airport saying she’s here to see me. Do you think this can trigger an examination even if I’m the reception?