+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in Canada proof of status


Full Member
Dec 11, 2018
Hello! My husband is with status visitor for 6 monts . On the application part "supporting documents for sponsored person" question 1st identity documents travel documents and passport -i will put the copy of his passport but on next part "if you(the principal applicant ) are living in canada provide proof of your status in canada . So what should. I put? Thank you


Jan 7, 2019
I'm wondering the same thing. Putting in my common-law partner's application tomorrow and this is the last thing I am questioning. Not sure if she actually has "status" in Canada on a multiple entry visitor visa. She does have a stamp in her passport allowing her to stay for 6 months ending in October.

We are submitting all Canadian visas and stamps with the app so I assumed this also satisfied the requirement but maybe not?