+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIVING IN CANADA AS VISITOR FROM U.S. NEED JOB!

eolson85

Dec 1, 2011
Hello,
I just arrived here from the states about a month ago, and am in need of a work permit. I am really struggling to find an employer that is willing to wait the necessary amount of time it takes for the LMO to process as well as work permit. I have experience as an Administrative Assistant, Warehouse Material Handler/ Supervisor, as well as Management. The immigration consultant I talked to last week told me that she couldn't guarantee me a job, and that if she did the paperwork it would cost me 3000 dollars. ACK! I don't have that kind of money. Any employers interested in talking with me, or any advice from anyone would be fantastic. I live in Edmonton, Alberta. Thank you!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To obtain an approved LMO, an employer must prove they were unable to find a Canadian citizen or PR for the role. Since the Canadian economy has slowed down a bit, there are fewer jobs and more Canadians looking for work. As a result, the number of LMOs being approved has decreased.

Employers are aware of this and that's why many of them are hesitant or unwilling to go through the LMO process.

The most you can do is keep searching through sites such as monster.ca and the Canadian job bank - and hopefully you'll get lucky.

Good luck in your search.

Oh - and you don't need an immigration consultant. Save yourself the $3K and do it yourself.