+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in a 2nd country-visa soon expiring and no passport!!!!!!

jazz2

Star Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been silently wondering,Do the CIC's care to check an applicant's passport details such as the current visa expiry dates if any, (incase an applicant is living in a foreign country?). I am living in a foreign country and I do require a visa to be legally there.I have already handed in my passport as requested since 7 months ago.My current local visa is soon running out. Do I need to keep reminding the CIC office that my local visa is about to expire and that I may need my passport back to renew my local visa then send my passport back to them (CIC) once done?or Can I safely assume that they are fully aware of this fact and that they will get back to me in a timely manner?? I hope you all understand what I mean....

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Sorry, I didnt understand your post. Are you saying that your visa for the country you are living in is going to expire and you have already sent your passport for visa renewal in that country. And in the meanwhile you are also expecting CIC to ask for your passport?

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's your responsibility to let them know that you need your passport back for whatever reason. CIC don't care about expiry of other countries Visas.

¬m2l

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jazz2 said:
I have been silently wondering,Do the CIC's care to check an applicant's passport details such as the current visa expiry dates if any, (incase an applicant is living in a foreign country?). I am living in a foreign country and I do require a visa to be legally there.I have already handed in my passport as requested since 7 months ago.My current local visa is soon running out. Do I need to keep reminding the CIC office that my local visa is about to expire and that I may need my passport back to renew my local visa then send my passport back to them (CIC) once done?or Can I safely assume that they are fully aware of this fact and that they will get back to me in a timely manner?? I hope you all understand what I mean....
If you assume that CIC will look into your problem in a timely manner, you will be in trouble. It is better you contct CIC through Case Specific Enquiry to return your passport at the earliest for processing your local visa of the resident country.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
jazz2 said:
U should have informed the Canadian Visa office that ur current 3rd country visa is expiring in a separate letter and let them know that u have urgency to get the passport back for visa renewal. I am living in a 3rd country with a work visa permit and had the same problem but i informed them with a letter and they sent the passport back within 1 week of submission with the canadian visa stamp!

jazz2

Star Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
me2land said:
It's your responsibility to let them know that you need your passport back for whatever reason. CIC don't care about expiry of other countries Visas.

¬m2l
wilson said:
If you assume that CIC will look into your problem in a timely manner, you will be in trouble. It is better you contct CIC through Case Specific Enquiry to return your passport at the earliest for processing your local visa of the resident country.
abelkwh said:
U should have informed the Canadian Visa office that ur current 3rd country visa is expiring in a separate letter and let them know that u have urgency to get the passport back for visa renewal. I am living in a 3rd country with a work visa permit and had the same problem but i informed them with a letter and they sent the passport back within 1 week of submission with the canadian visa stamp!
Thanks me2land,wilson and abelkwh..you guys got my question straight. Infact Iam drafting an explanation note cum request note of my PP.