4) taxes
Moreover i would like to know if ita possible to
pay the next semester fee 6500$ out of part time
job savings?
if not then whats the alternative for it? other than
depending on parents!
Need serious help on this and answers would be
honesty appreciated
Transportation is $110.month for the student metropass. Accomdation, depending on where you choose to stay, can range from $400-$800/month. Groceries wil run around $200/month. A good round figure is a $1000.00/month for living expenses.

It is IMPOSSIBLE that you will earn enough money to pay Intl Student Fees. You are coming in right before the new rules go in effect so you may or may not be allowed to work off campus for the first six months. Also, you are only allowed to work 20/hours a week during regular semesters and 40/hours a week during school breaks. Assuming you get a job (its hard to get one in the first place) it will not pay more than $14-15/hr. At 20/hrs a week you will have barely enough to pay for your living expenses, never mind your tution fees

Singh.0

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
txboyscout said:
Transportation is $110.month for the student metropass. Accomdation, depending on where you choose to stay, can range from $400-$800/month. Groceries wil run around $200/month. A good round figure is a $1000.00/month for living expenses.

It is IMPOSSIBLE that you will earn enough money to pay Intl Student Fees. You are coming in right before the new rules go in effect so you may or may not be allowed to work off campus for the first six months. Also, you are only allowed to work 20/hours a week during regular semesters and 40/hours a week during school breaks. Assuming you get a job (its hard to get one in the first place) it will not pay more than $14-15/hr. At 20/hrs a week you will have barely enough to pay for your living expenses, never mind your tution fees
what if the student is staying with his relatives in canada?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Singh.0 said:
what if the student is staying with his relatives in canada?
That will give you significant savings.

However it will still not be enough to pay for the next semester's fees. Let's say you are lucky enough to find a job immediately after starting school in Sep. Your next semester starts in Jan. That is roughly 16 weeks. Say you get $15/hr and work the max 20/hours a week. That is $4800 BEFORE taxes that you will have earned by Jan. Even at the lowest tax bracket that is $3888 in hand. Much less than your fees for the next semester.

And I am really being generous here. It is very hard to find jobs in Canada without any prior experience. So it may take you a few months to land a job working at a fast food joint. And that job won't pay anywhere near $15/hr.